Albums with identical mp3 tags getting split in two

Hello,

I have several albums in my library with songs with absolutely identical mp3 tags. Checked and edited so they are absolutely the same with the exception of the track number and name.

Nevertheless they get split in two albums in the kodi library.
One containing for example songs 1 and 7 and the rest in the other.

Have anyone had such problem and how it could be resolved?

Thanks!

We believe this is a Kodi issue or a specific Kodi function and as such you should look at addressing the issue there. We are unable to resolve your issue. If you do believe that this is an OSMC specific issue, please let us know.

Sometimes fields can look the same but may have different character codings. You don’t say how you checked - I would load them into mp3tag, copy the album title and album artist form one of the tracks, select all, paste and save. AFAIK, kodi uses just those two fields, unless you are using musicbrainz tags. MB tags take precedence.

Hi,

The tags are definitely identical.
I mark all the songs in tag editor and if there are any differences it shows “various” at the field which differs among the tracks.

No much fields neither - just album, musician, name and track number.

I have removed all others. I don’t know which are musicbrainz fields.

I would have to dig inside your Music database to sort it out. If you have enabled scraping, all sorts of things could have happened. The Kodi forum is your best bet as ActionA says.

As it seems, indeed there have been a lot more tags than most of the mp3 tag editors show.
Most of the introduced by MusicBrainz Picard.
I have made the mistake to put all my music library through musicbrainz and it made a complete mess out of it…

Thanks for the effort and advice!