Alexa-avs on OSMC - No Audio

Hi,

So, I managed to install alexa-avs on OSMC and the installation was smooth. The only issue I’m having is that the application is not being able to reproduce audio (response from Alexa). The MIC is fine as long as the audio configuration (I could check with aplay and arecord). I’m using a speaker in 3.5mm connector and USB Mic. The ˜/.asoundrc file is as below:

pcm.!default {
type asym
playback.pcm {
type plug
slave.pcm “hw:0,0”
}
capture.pcm {
type plug
slave.pcm “hw:1,0”
}
}

Any idea of why it doesn’t output audio in the java application? I already tried stopping mediacenter service and also test through HDMI audio but didn’t work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Is this on a Raspberry Pi?

What does running aplay -l show?

If a Pi, it might need the audio output to be set to the 3.5mm analogue port. Raspberry Pi Documentation - Configuration

Yes, it’s a pi 3. I tried setting to 3.5mm analogue as the link you posted suggests, but it didn’t work either.

aplay -l shows

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 8/8
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Can you play a .wav file to hw:0,0, eg

aplay -D hw:0,0 somefile.wav

Yeap, I can. It works with aplay and any random wav file. But not with the java application.

I think you’ll probably need to take the issue up with the developers.

I did try your .asoundrc file but it causes an error when I tried to play a .wav file, or even run aplay -l, I assume because I don’t have a microphone on my Pi.