Allo Boss DAC on RPI4 not working under OSMC

Hey there,
So, I’ve been an using OSMC for years - first on an RPI3 and on the 4. Never had any problems. For sound I had picked the Allo Boss DAC v1.2, which had also been working withouth any problem on the RPI3. And it also does not cause any problems on the RPI4 when running the native Kodi instead of OSMC. Under the new RPI4-compatible OSMC that is no longer the case. I’ve just set up the system. Selected the DAC from the hard ware configuration section in the RPI configuration of “My OSMC”, double checked the code written automatically into the config-user.txt, have rebooted the system, but to no avail. The Allo Boss DAC is still no option to choose from when configuring audio in the system settings. Instead of the Allo Boss DAC, however, a third HDMI audio variant shows up in the system settings when after having activated the Allo Boss DAC in “My OSMC”. Could this be a bug in this new version of OSMC? Am I missing something here? I’m at a bit of a loss (and really don’t want to use Kodi, either).
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Unfortunately I don’t have this hardware to test – but there were some issues with overlays that are fixed in the latest My OSMC.

You could try update to staging

To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv buster-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

As @sam_nazarko wrote either update to the staging version and reset it via MyOSMC or you could also just edit /boot/config-user.txt and remove the -overlay from the end of that config setting.

Hey guys, thank you both for helping me out here so quickly. So, in fact @fzinken was correct in his advice to simply remove the “-overlay” part from the config-user.txt. Did the trick and it now runs as it should. Thanks again!