Amlcodec: reduce video decoder pre-buffering time, pre-buffer more only when decoder is busy #13541

Hi Sam
I’ve ask you some weeks if you can integrated this Kodi 18 patch inside Kodi 17.

You have tell me

I will see. It would need some testing. I already have something similar

Some news ??

Thank’s
Michael

Hi Michael,

I looked at this and it doesn’t apply to Kodi v17. I adapted the patch but it provides no benefit for Krypton.

Is there a specific clip that you are struggling with?

Sam

No specific, only some 2 or 3 % of my (HD264) recorded files, I’ve never understand why.
And also today I’don’t understand , when it’s a AMLogic problem, why it’s work’s for V18 and not for V18, like your “similair patch” also.
But “Bon”, you have tell me that KODI 17 is End Of Live. I’ don’t delete my files, and I wait that the KODI team release KODI 18. Wait and see.
Michael

Thanks for confirming.

Have you tried remuxing the recorded files? Are you using TVHeadend?

I have a potential solution, but I wasn’t able to find anyone that could reproduce the issue. I can produce a test build for you if you’re happy to try. As long as there are no regressions, we can include this in the next update.

I use DVBLink since I’use OSMC, and sorry now It’s to late for me, it’s holiday time, and when I’m back from, I think the Kodi 18 Beta are ready to test.
I wait for, no problem, and I try with Kodi 18. Also you have the time to go forwards with your new projects.

OK, no problem.

I will make my patch available for testing for other users.

Enjoy your holiday :slight_smile:

Sam

Maybe related to Frameskipping in the most 1080p files - #228 by Bond246

Will follow up here.

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed with the following commit:

As you can see, I’ve had to adapt this somewhat. I’d be interested to know if it yields any improvement for you. To test:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Sam

Hi Sam
I give a try tomorrow.
Merci
Michael

1 Like

I do it:

1. installation —> ok
  2. try “normal” film records works fine but when I start audi volume are —> 0 ( I think nothing to do with my test case), after I can modify the volume.
  3. music records works fine audi ok

I test some other "normal"records

I test with some “bad” records (DVBLink, but I think also TVHeadend) and now it’s much better, sometime without problems, sometime with a little bit of stuttering, but without crash.
I think a great step forwards.

Great. I’ll include it in the next stable version of OSMC. It doesn’t seem to cause any problems.