Analogue TV

After some delay I have recently bought my Vero 4k.

I am trying to connect it to an old CRT TV which only has scart and component input (coloured yellow red and white).

So, thanking you for your earlier advice I went and bought (2) special cables (Nokia CA 75u).

I noted the pin layout requirements for Vero ( OSMC Vero 4K : Analogue Output Quality? - #8 by sam_nazarko )

I noted that the Nokia ca75u pin layout was different ( Nokia CA-75U / Sony Ericsson IM700 AV (TV Out) Cable pinout diagram @ pinoutguide.com ), and believed that it would still work if I just plugged the colour coded cable leads into different coloured sockets on the TV.

However when I connect everything up I get nothing on the TV (using the second 3.5 connector on the Vero (nearest the ethernet socket)). I have swapped the colour coded cable leads all the way around and still nothing - neither audio nor video.

Further, I get the same result when I do the same on a modern digital TV - no audio or video. The hdmi connection does work on this second TV (which is in another location where there is no internet access) - so I know that the Vero box itself is working.

I suspect that I am just missing something out, and was wondering if the cvbs socket needs to be ‘enabled’ in some way before it can work.

thanks in advance.