Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        ADMIN$          Disk      Amministrazione remota
        C$              Disk      Condivisione predefinita
        D$              Disk      Condivisione predefinita
        File Condivisi  Disk
        IPC$            IPC       IPC remoto
        Users           Disk
Connection to 192.168.1.2 failed (Error NT_STATUS_RESOURCE_NAME_NOT_FOUND)
NetBIOS over TCP disabled -- no workgroup available
root@osmc:~#

Well that at least proves that connection is possible.
We now could start digging into what goes wrong in Kodi or if you want to switch from Kodi mounts to autofs mounts walk you through that.

OMG OMG… i don’t know how i have touched but now… IT’S WORK AGAIN :slight_smile:
The last things i have do it’s set again the “osmc” user password from a command prompt… i have used "net user osmc ". I have back on front of my tv and baaam… now it’s works.

But i’m not fully sure if it’s the real solution :slight_smile: You thinks the smbclient from ssh as helped to resolved this issue ?

Wait a moment… it’s possible to manage the windows share folder in a different mode ?

Not sure what you mean?

you speak about kodi mount or autofs mount… it’s different way to access my smb shared folder ? it’s better ? pro & cons ?

Well the pro’s would be better performance.
The Cons are that you have a step outside of Kodi.
Checkout this two threads

Very interest… otherwise i use this SMB folder for share little files like mp3 or jpg or zip files usually.
I know the limit of SMB share…

For other things usually i use (like if i need to move large files) one pendrive of 64GB attached to my Pi2 and i copy from my pc to this using FTP :)… also by LAN good copy speed is obtained.

EDIT
For the moment… i need to go to sleep.
I hope that continue to works on next reboot of my pc… if not and if need help i try to back here to report all issue.

If it were me, I would access an SMB share using autofs. The performance is significantly better.

Problably yes… but in my case i don’t really need speed for moment because i use this smb share for little files.

A curiosity… if i used autofs and my pc it’s turned off i obtain some errors on kodi ?

If you did, wouldn’t that be expected behavior? Would you not expect errors if using any other method? If use of Kodi was not dependent on this source being available would it even matter?

problably i can’t understand good your message (remember my english it’s not to good)… problably i can try to explain better because i expect an errors using autofs.
Right now i use SMB… if i try to access to SMB and my pc it’s turned off i obtain an errors, if i remember, kodi say “Networks unreachable” or somethigs similar.
Autofs it’s be automount this shared folder when kodi as been launched right ? If my PC it’s turned off at this moment ? How append ? the mount it’s fail ? kodi report errors on log ?

I understand autofs it’s best solution respect smb shares but i want to know pro and cons…

You get Path not found or invalid in Files mode and This file is no longer available in Library mode.

When try to access it ? Or at boot of osmc because it fail to mount it ?

There will be no errors while booting as the shares are not mounted until you actually try to access them.

1 Like

Yes only when you try to access it and the server is not available

1 Like

@bmillham and @fzinken thanks to both friends.
Very great info…

If i want to try to pass to this solution you can suggest some other forum thread how i can found some info how all it’s need to configure ?
Thanks in advance.

Didn’t I already posted that?

1 Like

ops… i have made some test following the first reply here:

I have installed autofs by ssh.
Add the line to etc/auto.master
on etc/auto.smb.shares:
/mnt/192.168.1.2/ -fstype=cifs,rw,credentials=/home/osmc/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,vers=3.0 ://192.168.1.2/

and i have add the credentials on .smbcredentials files.
After that i have launch:

sudo systemctl restart autofs

But i obtain an errors when i try to mount:

ls -lah /mnt/192.168.1.2/

I have tryed also to follow the debug whitout understand how i commit an errors. the question it’s:
It’s need to remove the previous smb shared before ?

It was a long time ago that I did this, so I might not be remembering correctly, but I think that, when I set up autofs on an SMB share, I couldn’t get it to work using a separate credentials file, but I did make it work by storing username and password within the lines in the auto.smb.shares file.

It’s not all that insecure if you create a special user on the server with limited access rights.

Yeah exactly… i have need to use this:
/mnt/File\ Condivisi/ -fstype=cifs,rw,username=osmc,password=osmc,iocharset=utf8,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,vers=3.0 ://192.168.1.2/File\ Condivisi

Now it’s works…

And another question… i have also right now can remove the smb share currently setted ?
Little question… on /mnt/ i have some other mount point not works problably add here from previous test.
I have “192.168.1.2” and another… how i can remove this two voices ?
It’s removed when i reboot my Pi2 ?

And the last question
Now the /mnt works… but on kodi apparently i can see this newest “mount” point.
It’s not listed at all but it’s correctly mounted… how i can found it ?
It’s not listed on “Source” selection… it’s not listed on “Install from zip files” how it’ works ?
I have also reboot my Pi2 but apprently there’s no listed at all…

EDIT… problably final edit
And it’s apparently also found how it’s works.
I have right now removed all smb share from “File” browser and also from all sources files.
How it’s necessary i have add a source to reach “/” (root of filesystem) and after another source to reach “/mnt/File Condivisi”.

Apparently all it’s works…