Android on Vero2

Then it probably worked. You’ll very likely need to do a bit more cleaning of junk before you get your sysadmin badge.

So what does df show now?

2 Likes

See the edit in my last post, I was to quick (or the terminal was to quick for me).
I’ve added your solution at the askubuntu platform.

In the meantime I got android on my vero2 device working!

Good news. Since you only have 30 GB on the device, I’d still suggest you clean out the rest of the unneeded junk and then run a df to see how much space you have free.

I’m making a backup of the downloads folder, what was the other big thing.
I don’t save that many files on my notebook, so it was easy to track the big ones.

Now I have android running on my vero2 device, does anyone know how I can find the play store? Or the switch back to osmc button?

Maybe I miss the point completely, but now I have android on my vero2 device… but the only usefull thing working on there is an internet browser
I’ve tried to install the play store… but that doesn’t work. Any Idea how I can enjoy android? Or is the internet browser the whole purpose of this android feature?

I’m sorry for being the dumb guy all the time! I’m just not blessed with to much brains I guess.

You can install the Play Store as an APK, but we can’t legally distribute it with the image at this time.

There was some discussion on this in the forum.

Sam

Any Idea what version functions best? I’ve found the latest version (v7.1) but it doesn’t work on our android.

It’s been a while since I looked at this but you just need the correct architecture and it should be fine.

hihi “just the right architecture” sounds like it is as easy as picking a bread at the bakery. But I have no clue what to look for when it’s about the “right architecture”.

Do you have any further clues?

This might help: Search results for 'Google Play #help-and-support:vero-2 order:latest' - OSMC Forums.

It’s been a while since I looked at this, and there wasn’t much interest in Android so we didn’t do much with the platform.

Sam

May I as if the lack of interest was from the verobox owners or from the OSMC team at the coding side? I’ve read somewhere that you’ve had a tough time getting it work in the first place!

Anyhow, I’m happy to have a proper web browser in the android side!
And thanks for all the support making it work!

There’s no interest from Vero users on this. We had some challenges getting it to work from external storage (SD card), but once it was done, the problem was solved.

Users were asking for it almost weekly. After we delivered it, less than 0.5% of users even tried it, and there are only a handful of people that seem to download / use it regularly.

I followed up with some of these users but they said that they didn’t see the point of Android on the Vero.

Too bad, I really looked forward to being able to use android on my vero2. And now I have it, I really see the added value of it! Being able to install apps thrue the Play store would make the experience complete!

You can download and install any APKs. This doesn’t have to necessarily be done through Play Store. You can google ‘Angry Birds APK’ and should be able to install it this way.

Sam