Any plans to have rutorrent client available?

I have a very good installation of ruTorrent on a RPi on Raspbian and find it great.

Any idea of packaging ruTorrent (preferably in my tests to Transmission) on the app store ?

Thanks

I am liking the look of Deluge as our torrent client of choice

S

1 Like

Does Deluge have good RSS support? Thatā€™s very important to some of us. When I was looking for a torrent client with good rss support to run on AsusWRT rtorrent/rutorrent was the only one that came close to what I needed. The only thing itā€™s missing is an episode filter so it doesnā€™t download multiple copies of the same episode.

I initially chose Deluge because of the clientā€“server separation it offers, but I found Deluge to be pretty resource-intensive on the machine I had it on (which wasnā€™t a full-scale PC, but was still more powerful than a Pi).

I ended up switching to Transmission, whose first-billed feature is ā€œuses fewer resources than other clients.ā€ It also has the aforementioned clientā€“server separation; my preferred client is transmission-remote-gtk on the PC and Transdroid on the phone. The Transmission server ran well for me on a Raspberry Pi 1.

I canā€™t speak for Transmissionā€™s RSS support (or lack thereof), as Iā€™ve never really combined the two.

In either case, I guess if we could get Flexget working, it would give that functionality to whatever torrent client ends up being used.

Itā€™s just that Iā€™ve never had any luck getting Flexget working. :disappointed: Maybe thatā€™s something you OSMC gurus can work on eventually :wink:

Update: Well, the good news is that I tried installing flexget on OSMC for the hell of it and it actually worked. Other than the systemd flexget.service not working just yet, I should be good to go! (Once I get a torrent client running.)

There is now a discussion on torrent clients here

S

Did you manage to get flexget working? Iā€™ve been using it since forever, if youā€™d like I could make a short tutorial.

1 Like

I did! Itā€™s pretty great. Donā€™t know how I ever did without it.

I know this is a little old, but Iā€™m busy trying to get Transmission setup to auto-download from RSS and it seems Flexget is the best option, so if you could put up a little tutorial then that would be super helpful :smile:

Iā€™ve looked around a bit, but canā€™t find anything definitive that helps me get things setup.

If I remember correctly, I installed python-pip (required to install flexget):
sudo apt-get install pip-python

Then install flexget (takes a while):
sudo pip install flexget

And install transmissionrpc (needed for flexget to control transmission)
sudo pip install transmissionrpc

Then flexget refused to work properly, but I fixed that by updating to the latest version:
sudo pip install flexget --upgrade

At some point pip stopped working for me, but I fixed it using get-pip.py, but i guess uninstalling and reinstalling would have worked.

Then you have to create a config.yml file for flexget at /home/osmc/.config/flexget/config.yml
I did this with notepad using samba, but I guess some sudo mkdir and sudo nano will get the job done.

EDIT: Donā€™t forget to create a cron job to auto-run flexget! Install cron from the OSMC app store, and then run ā€œcrontab -eā€ and create your fancy entry, or just use this one: ā€œ@hourly /usr/local/bin/flexget --cron execā€

Hereā€™s a redacted version of my config file [replace the --dashes-- at the left with spaces. Space counting is very important in .yml files] :

tasks:
ā€“show_rss:
----rss: [myshowrssfeedlinkgoeshere]
----all_series: yes
----transmission:
------host: localhost
------port: [numbers go here]
------username: [iamnottellingyou]
------password: [myuserandpassword]
------path: /media/myusblabelgoeshere/TV_Shows/{{series_name}}/Season {{series_season}}
------addpaused: no
ā€“cleanup:
----clean_transmission:
------port: [numbers]
------username: [stillnottellingyou]
------password: [myusernadpassword]
------finished_for: 24 hours
ā€“Movies:
----rss:
------url: [a custom search rss feed from that bittorrent site that ā€œkicks assā€]
------other_fields: [ā€˜torrent:magnetURIā€™]
------link: ā€˜torrent:magnetURIā€™
----magnets: yes
----accept_all: yes
----transmission:
------port: [numbers]
------username: [usergoeshere]
------password: [password]
------path: /media/usblabel/Movies/

1 Like

Just an FYI, you can use backticks to format code properly. Our forum supports markdown.

Iā€™ve never been able to get them working properlyā€¦ So Iā€™ve given up and decided to use dashes for short scripts and pastebin for longer ones. Itā€™s sloppy, but it gets the job done!

Thank you for the tip though :smile: you guys provide great support here on the forums!

Thanks for this @misled3k! Iā€™ll give this all a shot today and see how it goes :slight_smile:

Simply select the text that you want to format then click the formatted text button </> in the edit window. :wink:

I think you are downloading anything uploaded on tracker. You should use filters, like trakt, imdb lists, or manually specific series or movies. Flexget is a very powerfull toolā€¦