Anyone have any issues with hdr "dimming"?

I don’t think so. Especially since we have the 2017 model and you know how manufacturers are.
But I’ve provided you with a fix and it works well. I have a dimming-screensaver installed on Kodi and the TV’s built-in screensaver for internal apps (Netflix etc.) still works.

2 Likes

Not the same issue. OP has a 2017 model which doesn’t suffer from these HDR luminance fluctuations like the 2018 models.

I have a LG OLED 55BX6 and it seems that i face this exact same problem of dimming. It occurs on HDR video a little bit randomly. A simple push on the sound menu (for exemple) of the TV make the bright back to normal. From what i read it is not a vero problem but a LG problem. Despite the fact i have a more recent LG TV (2020) than the original poster (2017) it seems that this problem is still not solve by LG (i have the last firmware on my TV). So does anyone else have this problem and/or a way to solve it ?

Can you see if your device has a firmware update?

I had this on an LG 2017 model but it went away after a firmware update. I could reproduce with both Xbox X and Vero

I checked and the last firmware is installed. After some search it seems that this problem affect a large number of OLED TV. Apparently a firmware fix is working for some series (2021, 2022) but still not mine… cf : https://www.patreon.com/posts/68768852
I will try to disable TPC in the service menu. I find this app that let me access this menu easily : GitHub - chros73/bscpylgtv: Library to control webOS based LG TV devices