Apple TV 1 install from openelec

Hello
Just acquired an apple TV 1 with openelec installed with the broadcom HD card.

I am pretty new to this so can I install osmc on this device as it is or do I need to reinstall apple os onto it first?

Thanks

You can install OSMC on it

1 Like

Thanks Sam, installed without issue. :slight_smile:

I have same ATV with OpenELEC 6.0.1 and every update available give me errors

Most of them are just black screens after “OSCM installed successfully”

Any ideas?

PS one more thing: my HDD was literally fully loaded with stuff (movies music plugins). Probably because of that I’ve got “Cache full” messages frequently. Do I might really need to go back to Original OS or Elec and try to wipe ATV HDD completely? Or else?

Then you should try openelec forum.

1 Like

you really think it is openelec issue?

OSMC is not openelec and does not include or have anything to do with openelec. If you have issues with openelec the you need to seek support from them.

???

I do not have issues with elec

I’m trying to install OSMC here

important note: I was able make ubs build 2017.10.01 to work

what should I do to get HDD build to work? can I go someplace and reset my ATV for it to properly install HDD build?

You may need to configure Xorg.conf for your TV if you don’t see a picture

Install the HDD image to a USB and we will format the drive automatically

thats how i did it

also I used 3 different usb and two different monitors with both hdmi and component - walk with pretty much same results

how do I configure Xorg.conf?

how do I get to the file? can you give me a link to full guide please?

Here is a cheatsheet and some tutorials for how to navigate in a Linux shell: Cheatsheets and Tutorials for users new to Linux based operating systems

but how do I get to the shell if I can’t see anything? is there a way to get there from Mac os or windows? how do I configure OSMC to get to it?

Details regarding how to access the command line interface can be found here on our Wiki: Accessing the command line - General - OSMC