I have recently installed the Broadcom CrystalHD BCM70015 Card and also installed OSMC to utilize this card’s 1080p output. I am running the ATV1 into an older 1080p television that uses Component (YPbPr) inputs so the intent is to have OSMC to use those outputs on ATV1 to feed this television. What is not exactly clear to me now after messing with this configuration for a bit is the following:
- Does the Broadcom CrystalHD BCM70015 Card only decode for the HDMI video output on the ATV1 using OSMC?
- Does the edit to the xorg.conf file to “enable” the 1080p output on the Component outputs of the ATV1 actually work? I made the edit expecting a difference and I only see OSMC splash screen when rebooting then blank screen (audio is working though), plugging in to HDMI screen, OSMC works as expected.
- Do I need to also include the 720p mode from the edit described in other post to get this to work or can I just use the 1080p edit as I already did (with no success)?
- Original ATV OS was v.3.0.2 and I followed instructions to try and set the HDMI to RGB High value but no HDMI settings were present in my ATV OS perhaps because I was only plugged in to television via Component inputs, did I need to plug in to an HDMI display first, set that value, then install OSMC even though I am going to run only on component outputs?
- If all this config to make component outputs is not working or producing proper output, would it be recommended to get some kind of HDMI to Component adapter since it appears OSMC is really more friendly to HDMI? Would I lose anything from the Broadcom CrystalHD BCM70015 card by running it this way?
I did read post about determining if OSMC is actually using the Broadcom CrystalHD BCM70015 and hope to be able to verify this once I resolve these other issues with the Component outputs. Any response to this is appreciated.