April Update, Version update problem, through MY OSMC and through SSH commands

RPI3
I’m trying to do an april update
Through MY OSMC i gut an error message.
And Through SSH commands with this commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

i gut this message :
W: Failed to fetch http://apt.osmc.tv/dists/jessie/main/binary-armhf/Packages Hash Sum mismatch

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Any idea?

That can happen for a few minutes when packages are pushed to our APT server. Does it do it if you try again now ?

No – it can’t happen anymore due to the way we distribute the Package indexes out (we would have seen more than one report).

I think OP may be behind a local proxy server which is serving partially stale files.

Hi,

Couple of days ago I’ve noticed I cannot get updates anymore.
This is the error I’m receiving when running “apt-get update”:

W: Failed to fetch http://apt.osmc.tv/dists/jessie/main/binary-armhf/Packages Hash Sum mismatch

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I’ve already tried to reboot and then I got another error regarding the apt cache:

Updating APT cache. Please be patient.
apt-get update was unsuccessful. If you are planning to install a package, please run apt-get update first and verify it was successful

Thank you.

both @kobikite and myself are from Israel.
I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

please advise.

There is no designated mirror for Israel. As such you should get a random mirror.

Your ISP likely is using a caching proxy which is causing issues .

is there anything else we can do to bypass that issue?
I can try talk to the ISP, but I can tell you in advance they won’t do anything about this.
as far as they know, if I can surf… everything is fine :smile:

btw I was planning to change my ISP next week, maybe I will reschedule for lets say… now :grinning:
I just hope the other ISP is not using the same proxy for caching :unamused:

Hi everyone,
Sam is right, the problem is with the network
I moved to another network (mobile connection via wifi). I did the update and returned to the original network.
Tnks

1 Like

Hi @kobikite can you please share which ISP you’re using in Israel?

xphone

good ,we’re using same ISP.

Sam thank you for the heads up.

btw, I haven’t encountered the problem today.
it’s working fine now.

sudo apt-get update

Reading package lists… Done

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
is successful as well.

1 Like