Apt update error oldstable

Just to let you know, same issue here for my Vero4K shipped end of 2017 updating from 2020.11-1. Hotfix worked like a charm.

Chris

I updated my 3 Vero 4k today:

• The first one gave me that major update warning, so I skipped the install to read the blog post first. Later, the install wasn’t working anymore and I had to apply the hotfix
  • The second one gave me the update message as well and it was updating w/o the hotfix
  • The third one didn’t show the update message at all and I had to apply the hot fix.

I can only say what I bought all 3 at different times. If I can get you further details so you might identify a pattern, let me know.

My version was November 2020 2020.11-1

After applying the hotfix, updating worked. Now I think about it, I had to do this in the past with a major update too. Not sure if that is useful information, but thought it could be.

Hotfix did the trick. Thanks Sam!

I haven’t produced a hot fix for such an issue before — could you advise further?

Sam

I have tracked my older posts, you once made such a patch for the 10 bit issues:

So, wasn’t with a major update, but for this.

Same problem here (connectivity issue) on two Vero 4K +, ordered on January 19, 2019 - order completed on January 25, 2019.

Hotfix helped, update was successful afterwards. Thx and greetings from Germany.

Bonjour,
je n’arrivais pas à faire la mise à jour qui ne m’est pas proposé…
J’ai appliqué le Hotfix comme indiqué plus haut…
Je lance le scan de recherche de maj et j’ai un message “erreur d’extension”
Merci par avance de votre aide

Hi - this is an English speaking forum.

Can you post in English?

I could not do the update that is not proposed to me…
I applied the Hotfix as indicated above…
I run the scan for maj and I have a message “extension error”.
Thank you in advance for your help

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Thanks for your help…
This is the url of my log
https://paste.osmc.tv/

Try rebooting and pasting the log again. Unfortunately that URL is not correct.

It’s the same url with end
acakayogot

https://paste.osmc.tv/acakayogot

Please run a command from the command line and show us the output.

sudo apt-get update

If there is no error from the update command, please also run:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Thanks for the answer…
I am a beginner…
how to execute the command line

See Accessing the command line - General - OSMC

Hello,
I did the manipulation with Putty and after having launched the 2 commands I get this at the end :

The following package disappeared from your system as
all files have been overwritten by other packages:
vero3-libamcodec-osmc
Note: This is done automatically and on purpose by dpkg.

It’s OK ?

Hello,
after the manipulation with Putty, I turned on VERO and the Kodi screen appears with
“database migration…”
It has been 20 minutes now…is this normal?