ARC Issues, Adjust Display Refresh Rate

Will give that a go once I get the unit. There must still be a hardware issue since my BR player and Sky HD+ don’t cause any issues when they’re powered down and connected.

Are they actually powered down, or just in standby?

Sorry Sam, I keep meaning to get back to you, I’ll pull the power on them this evening :slight_smile:

I’m also having ARC issue similar to yours, did it turn out to be a hardware issue with VERO? Have you received a replacement unit and did it fix the problem? Thanks.

What is the recommended (safe) temperature for Vero? I would prefer to power down the device overnight, is that possible without affecting ARC?

Everything up to 118c is fine. The Vero control CPU Scaling and Temp. If temperature gets too high the Vero will shutdown automatically

Do you know if the supplied HDMI cable is 1.4 or 2.0, maybe that has something to do with the broken ARC when device is powered up?

The HDMI cable that comes with our Vero is an HDMI high-speed cable and therefore capable of carrying HDMI 2.0 signals.

Thanks for confirming. Is it possible that the supplied cable “breaks” the ARC function? Just trying to work out if it’s a hardware or software issue with the VERO…

It’s always possible to have a bad cable, so why not try a different one to test?

Yeah I have ordered a new 2.0 one from eBay, will test when it arrives. Can’t tell if my current ones are 1.4 or 2.0

There are no specific 1.4 or 2.0 cables… Either they’re high-speed cables or not. And, if they stick to spec, this information has to be given on the outside of the cable :slightly_smiling_face:

Right, I’ll have to see because this is my last and only hope. Sam hasn’t been able to help with this, so if the new cable doesn’t help then I will have to return the unit :frowning:

For me this always happens after I power off the device for the night, then when I turn it back on next day everything goes bunkers, amp doesn’t automatically switch on anymore after the TV is turned on, the ARC function on TV gets somehow disabled, not sure why VERO is doing this, it’s a massive headache as family isn’t able to watch anything when i’m not home.

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see where you’ve requested help here for this issue until now. Tell use your exact setup and the exact issue that you are having.

EDIT: are you powering it off, or using standby? And as have been stated over and over again on these forums, the Vero is designed to be always on, and uses very little power, so why not just leave it on?

I’ve been in e-mail correspondence with Sam for months now in regards to this. Never saw a solution on the support forums, so didn’t see a point in posting yet another unresolved ARC issue topic.

It’s a simple setup, TV and Soundbar connected via HDMI/ARC, then HDMI going out of the Soundbar into VERO. Once I activate the ARC feature on TV, everything stays how it should be, but as soon as VERO is powered off, the ARC connection breaks. No other devices such as Xbox, Satellite box, blu-ray player do this, only VERO.

Unfortunately I can’t leave it on, i really need to power it off at night for various reasons.

Sorry I’ve not got a 4K+ yet, still awaiting a delivery date. It was on a 4K which I sent back.

I keep forgetting to turn off the power to my Blu-Ray player at the socket to prove that ARC shouldn’t have issues if a connected device is powered off fully. That’s the issue with the Vero4K/4K+ and the solution was to leave it on. I mean I am happy to do that but understand many people aren’t.

I might have to send my one back too if this is indeed a hardware fault. Was your ARC issue deemed hardware fault and you got offered 4k+ to solve the issue?

No. I just decided at the time my old Mede8er behaved better. Trying the 4K+ again and I’ll see where I get to. I don’t have any issues leaving it on or standby but I want to do some playing again. Also made sure I had decent cables everywhere so there are no issues with those.

Simon,

I’ve been through this with you via email for several months. I don’t think the issue you report is similar to what users experience here.

The ARC isn’t changed on 4K +.

But ARC functionality won’t work when Vero 4K isn’t powered. What you’re asking for isn’t possible unfortunately.

You state that your temperature is 61C. That is within range and the device is not overheating.

I’ve offered some solutions such as using optical to your sound bar.

Unfortunately we can’t accept a return after you’ve had the device for 11 months. If we thought the hardware was faulty we would upgrade you. But ARC won’t work if there is no power to the device because you’ve unplugged it. I’m not sure how that is indicative of a Vero fault.

Thanks for your understanding

Sam