Argon one osmc raspberry pi 4

Hi, is there any scripts for osmc argon one case for raspberry pi 4?

Hi,

What doesnā€™t work from the raspbian scripts?

Thanks Tom.

I meant for the argon one case not general scripts

Shouldnā€™t be a difference.

Yeah I got that. A quick google search for ā€˜Argon oneā€™, suggested there were scripts for raspbian for it. Do they not work on OSMC?

Thanks Tom.

i tried the raspbian script but doesnt seem to work

Hi,

Quick google search found this:

https://www.argon40.com/learn/index.php/2020/03/10/argon-one-installation-guide-for-osmc/

Thanks Tom.

Thank you for your time but I doubt that will work since itā€™s only for the Raspberry pi 3

Hi,

Have you tried it?

Thanks Tom.

Nope , I will try it tomorrow and let you know

1 Like

I just mounted my Pi4 in an Argon One case myself when I saw this and followed the script install instructions linked above in post #7. While it seems to have worked, I did notice several messages regarding Python 2.7.xx modules installing so Iā€™m not sure if this will cause any conflicts with Python 3 down the line in OSMC/Kodi v19.

Also, Settings>System Info>Hardware seems to be reporting a CPU temperature of -1 C. Is the temperature reading not yet implemented in the beta?

Thanks, all.

Duke

1 Like

Already covered in the Pi testing thread.
Fixed in next build.

Sorry, Sam. I must have missed that. Thanks for the update.

Am I correct in assuming that will not allow the Argon One script/fan to function correctly until the next build?

Duke

Should be unrelated as that is just how Kodi displays the Temperatures. The Argon One script should get itā€™s temperature differently (I assume).

Thanks @fzinken.

Duke

I dont think so due to python 2 as you said , but I contacted argon 40 regarding when they will release a script for the osmc on raspberry pi 4b, and this was their response: Not soon but more of later

Hi, i am new to raspberry pi and argone case as well. I followed the link but i am confused by 4th step mentioned in there so i skipped it and the fan did not work. Can you please explain it?

Hi,

Do you mean this bit ā€œOnce connected, go to the root directory by using cd ā€¦ā€ ?

If so Iā€™m not sure what directory the author is trying to get to, but it isnā€™t the root directory. Regardless I canā€™t see that step is actually, steps should work regardless of what directory it is run in. I would contact Argon for support, as Iā€™m not sure what else to suggest.

Thanks Tom.