Assistance with OSMC Skin Customisation and Performance Optimisation

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

Since I’ve been using OSMC for a few months, I’ve grown to adore its versatility and ease of use. But as of late, I’ve been experimenting with more sophisticated features and customisations, and I need some guidance in two crucial areas: performance optimisation and skin customisation.

Personalisation of the Skin:
I’d like to tweak the interface a little bit, but for now I’m using the standard OSMC skin. In particular, I’d like to:

• Reorganise my media in the home screen layout to make it more efficient.
  • Create unique shortcuts for some add-ons or often used functions.
  • Modify the colour palette a little bit to better fit my configuration.

Exist any simple methods for doing this without creating problems? I’ve tried examining the settings, but I’m not sure how much I can adjust. I would much appreciate any advice on suitable lessons or add-ons to accomplish this.

Performance Optimisation: I’ve observed that occasionally, especially when using a lot of add-ons, there are mild lag or buffering problems when I stream 1080p or 4K content. I know there are hardware restrictions because my OSMC is operating on a Raspberry Pi 4, but are there any settings or modifications:

• I should make to boost performance for high-quality streaming? :thinking:
  • Is there any risk involved in overclocking the Raspberry Pi, or would generative ai help? :thinking:

Thank you in advance for your support.

Regarding the skin customizations… It might be best to first have a look here: The OSMC Skin

The most important options should be outlined there. If I understand correctly, we should already be offering all customization options you’re looking for :+1:t2: