Atmos issues

We wait impatiently. :smiley:

Anyone else got any ideas re: Kodi not waiting long enough for disks to spin up?

Give the playlisttimeout a try see https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#playlisttimeout .

Set it in the /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml, so it will not overwritten by the next update, You have to set it for the musiclibrary and videolibrary element separately

<videolibrary>
            <playlisttimeout>60</playlisttimeout>
    </videolibrary>
    <musiclibrary>
            <playlisttimeout>60</playlisttimeout>
    </musiclibrary>

I will give that a try. Does that affect Plex Kodi Connect/Plex plugins etc? Because that’s why I use.

Thank you.

I don’t know, just give it try.

Will do, and will report back. Thanks.

If @JimKnopf’s suggestion doesn’t work, we’re going to need debug logs, along with timings for each action so we can relate them to the log.

Can you explain exactly what I need to do there?

Thanks.

• activate logging on Kodi
  • reboot the OSMC device
  • reproduce the issue and note timings
  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A
  • provide the URL and timings

Perfect. Thank you. Will hopefully get to it later today.

Hi Sam,

Another movie with Atmos dropouts, sadly: The Incredibles UHD. I could have sworn there was two places where it happened, but I was dozing off and can’t be sure.

However, one place where it DEFINITELY happens is at 1:02:30, when Mr. Incredible is running across a bridge-type structure. When the movie was done, I went back and repeated the glitch several times in the exact same place.

Also, if you look at my screenshot, - when it happens, the Atmos track is at around 10.5Mbits…

This is rendering a lot of the recent Disney movies a bit of a nuisance to watch…

Don’t worry – we’re working on this.
I’m getting closer to a solution

Sam

Fantastic. I can’t wait.

Hey Sam, how goes the Atmos >10Mbit issue? Cheers.

I’m currently on holiday, so won’t be looking at this again until 13th July. I’m working on a couple of other issues when I get a minute, but I don’t have the equipment out here.

I need to test potential solutions on a few receivers, so it may take a small bit of time.

Thanks

Sam

HOLIDAY? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!

:rofl:

Let me know if I can test anything for you. I have a Denon X4300H and a Sony HT-ST5000 (both Atmos), and two Vero 4Ks. :heart_eyes:

Enjoy your hols!

Also, Sam, is this of use?

No – we don’t use LAV. I believe someone else also raised this elsewhere and I gave a more detailed explanation.

Sam

I must have missed that. Bottom line is that it’s fixable, though?

We need to work out the exact problem first, but I am sure we will be able to do so shortly

Sam