Audio delay when playing video then intermittent audio cutting out

When I play a video on my raspberry pi 3 (been doing it for awhile but seems to be getting worse) there is about a 5 second delay before the audio starts (video is fine and there is no sync issues) then throughout the playback it cuts out multiple times for 1 second (enough to be annoying because you miss a word here and there). Anyone have any idea why it might be doing this??

Hi,

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

So, in summary:

• activate the logging
  • reboot the OSMC device
  • reproduce the issue
  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A
  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Thanks Tom.

Ok Ill have to do that over the weekend. Thanks. I’m on a pi 3 by the way in case I didn’t mention

Its probably the same bug reported in this thread:

There is no fix for now (but Sam is working on it), except for downgrading the kernel, which it is described how to do in the thread I mentioned.

I couldn’t get it to replicate the audio dropping out but there is still about a 3 second delay in the audio when the video starts playing. Here are my logs:

Http://paste.osmc.tv/ugakidiwew

You are using an Rpi3?

gpu_mem_1024=256  
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1  
disable_overscan=1
start_x=1  
disable_splash=1
gpu_mem_256=112  
sdtv_aspect=1  
gpu_mem_512=144  
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
over_voltage=2
sdram_freq=500

These config.txt settings indicate that you are underclocking your pi. MyOSMC overclocking settings have never been updated since the release of the Pi3. You should revert the settings to normal in MyOSMC and reboot when prompted. Test the new configuration and report back please.

Yes its a pi3. Underclocked?? I tried OVERclocking it and I thought it was successful…is there something that would cause the settings to revert back? What settings should I use to overclock?

Don’t overclock. Just leave things as is.