Audio dropping/cutting out in movies via VERO4K/OSMC

I actually bought a HDMI splitter like that (similar to HDFury AVRKey). I’m not using it since it caused a lot of handshake issues. I don’t see how that would be any different though, do you think I should try that as well?

Also, could an old HDMI cable be causing the issues I have?

If your having handshake issues cables would normally be the most suspect. The difference between using a splitter vs ARC or optical is that it supports 8 PCM channels (as opposed to only 2) and ALL passthrough audio types. If you have a splitter collecting dust this would be a no brainer IMO.

I have a similar problem. I own a vero 4k+ and a Yamaha hrt-2866 receiver. They are connected via toslink and the sound is always cutting out when I play anything with dolby digital plus.

I enabled logging on the vero 4k but could not see any issues.

Any suggestions?

Every other Audio Codec is working alright.

I set the number of channels to 2 and enabled dolby digital transcode-ing és suggested here but it did not helped.

I tried the splitter, and it did seem the vero audio problem was solved.

However I can’t actually keep using the splitter, because then all other things don’t work for some reason (eg youtube app on the LG tv). As soon as the splitter works, my normal ARC doesn’t work anymore, even though the splitter isn’t in the ARC port (obviously, the ARC HDMI port goes to my Receiver ARC port).

I guess simply buying a new receiver would solve all problems or am I wrong in thinking this?

Clean the ends of your optical cable with an alcohol wipe and see if that makes a difference.

When you enabled transcoding did you also uncheck DD+ passthrough?

If the splitter is knocking out CEC then I would contact HDFury support and ask them to assist you. That is a configurable device and it may be just a matter of changing some setting or updating the firmware.

I don’t see anything here in this thread that would lead me to believe your Vero is not acting correctly. This all seems like the normal headaches and tweaking that come with mixing newer and older equipment.

Well the odd thing is it worked fine with my RaspBerryPi, with all other devices the same. The problem was introduced when using Vero4K.