Audio Issue On New Vero V After Plugging In Hard Drive?

Hi,

I am having an issue with my new Vero V which I received two days ago on Monday 6/10. I ordered a 1TB external HDD to use as a media library. I plugged the HDD directly into the Vero V. Since doing that, it crashed while updating my media library using the standard Movie Database Python scraper and since rebooting I have absolutely no sound through HDMI. I have no idea what happened? Did I accidently screw up my Vero V by plugging in this hard drive? Here are my logs. I don’t know how helpful they’ll be though. I’ve tried rebooting/powering down several times and have tried different HDMI inputs on my TV. The sound on my TV and Blu-Ray player is fine. This is just the Vero V.

2024-06-12 17:35:32.145 T:2933  warning <general>: CActiveAE::StateMachine - signal: 0 from port: OutputControlPort not handled for state: 7

That’s unexpected. I suggest first upgrading your system (you are 3 points behind the latest). Then try again with/without the HDD. Is the HDD powered separately?

I don’t see an audio device selected when checking logs, which is odd.

I have updated to the latest version and still have no sound. I also tried to reset Kodi itself.

Can you post logs again, please?

Sure thing. Here you go.

You are still getting that warning and no indication that the audio device is being engaged. Following the ‘crash’ you reported, I see that the system ran a check on the emmc and fixed some things. It may be that there is still some corruption in the file system. Reinstallation of OSMC would be my next step.

See Reinstalling OSMC - Vero V - OSMC

Reinstalling OSMC did not work. Here are updated logs.

Update: I got it to work again by unplugging the HDMI cord from the Vero V and plugging it back in. I feel kind of stupid I didn’t try that. I had unplugging the HDMI from my TV, not the Vero. Glad I got it figured out.

That’s interesting to know. If it happens again, let me know.

We should be able to handle ‘hotplug’ events like this.
Could be a bug with your equipment, but nonetheless we want to get things working optimally for you.

Cheers

Sam