Audio not working on certain files

Hello,
few days ago i realize my Vero 4K isn’t playing audio on certain files. For example i have file with multiple tracks which one is mono. This track does’t work, but others (stereo) works. For some reason this mono track is chosen by Kodi as default.
Here is debug log: PrivateBin
File info: PrivateBin
My device is Vero 4K with latest OSMC connected to “dumb” LED TV via HDMI. Thanks for advices.

That’s not a full debug log. Please follow the directions below on how to give us proper debug logs.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

title           : PID 6112 Video
Stream #0:1(cze): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 256 kb/s
Metadata:
  title           : MPEG1
Stream #0:2(qaa): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s
Metadata:
Stream #0:3(cze): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, mono, s16p, 64 kb/s (default)
Metadata:

I assume you have your language set to Czech. If you look you will see that the stereo track is not set to that language. If you want to make this work the way you want you can use something like mkvtoolnix to change the language setting in that file and set which is the default. Otherwise you can change your settings to use the default audio stream instead of a specific language.

Full debug log is here: PrivateBin

That’s still not a full log. I was interested in seeing your audio settings, and those are not included in the Kodi log that you posted.

Before you do that, try what @darwindesign suggested. If that does not work, post full logs as I outlined in my other post.

I changed preferred audio language and now audio works, Kodi now select right track. I’m wonder why i come across this issue after using Kodi so long?
I’m sure there was another file with only one audio track where audio also doesn’t works but i can’t find it anymore. Anyway, thanks for your time guys!

2 Likes

That issue is with how the file was made. Kodi was doing exactly what it was supposed to do. Just do a google search for mkvtoolnix-gui as it is a very fast and easy way to tweak files like this.