Audio occasionally cutting out on movies

I can download at about 90MBs on the V to a mounted usb3 network hard drive, probably hard to get much better.

1 Like

Sadly back again with the same issue with audio cutting out on movies. Happened last night several times while watching a movie and was able to recreate the issue just now watching the same movie and running the logchecker. Hereā€™s the full log: https://paste.osmc.tv/qabubiyole

Bumping this for visibility since itā€™s been a week without a reply.

I think in this case it might be the file. I would try playing the file from thumb drive or similar directly attached to the Vero to see if it is doing the same thing. It doesnā€™t look like a network speed issue like we were previously working through but this isnā€™t surprising since I see your not using the same model Vero that you were at the start of the thread.

On a separate note your path substitution isnā€™t correct. You might want to read through my guide if you want that to work as intended.

Appreciate the reply. Iā€™ll try running the file on a flash drive directly attached to the Vero and see if I experience similar issues. For what itā€™s worth, I also ran into this same issue on a different file so it at least initially seems like itā€™s probably not just that one specific file.

Iā€™ll also look into getting the path substitutions corrected. One thing that might be helpful in troubleshooting is that these problems only seem to happen on a specific profile on the Vero (Kids) and not on the main Master account. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever experienced this issue when watching a movie on the master account. The files that seem to have trouble are also in a different folder on my NAS than the rest of the movies, so I wonder if the incorrect path subs might have something to do with this?

The log uploader doesnā€™t grab guisettings.xml from anything other than the master profile so I canā€™t really see how that one is setup but you could diff that file from ~/.kodi/userdata/ and ~/.kodi/userdata/profiles/[profile folder]/ to see if there is a setting that differs between them that might impact playback.

As for the path sub there might a difference between your regular movies and the kids source but it is a bit muddled. What you setup in advancedsettings.xml has three substitutions in the same parent tag so only the first one is actually getting used. You can see it in the start of the Kodi log where it is only registering the first to and first from path. There is an example in my guide that shows the format of multiple substitutions. But there is also a bit of confusion because your sources are currently setup with Kodi nfs paths and your substitutions are for smb paths. The Incredibles 2 file you were playing was using a Kodi nfs path so there was no substitution telling Kodi to swap this nfs path for the system mount. If you have items scraped into your library using both network paths and the system mount is where you find your happy place then you would need to add substitution pairs for both smb and nfs file paths to the system mount.

As for the possibility of it being a damaged file I see some decode errors before you stopped playback but nothing else being logged as a possible cause and neither did I see anything relevant in the system log that was happening at that point in time. Iā€™m not seeing network errors like before so that is good.

Thanks for all the info. Iā€™ll dig into this when I have some time and report back!

1 Like