Audio output greyed out for Raspberry Pi 4 + HiFiBerry Digi2 Pro

Hi. This was working perfectly several days ago (although there were sometimes occasional audio dropouts), but I am no longer able to get audio output from my RPi. The first hint was that there were no longer any GUI sounds. After digging into things a bit I discovered that, although my /boot/config-user is still set properly (or at least the way it was always set), when I go into System settings, the audio output option is greyed out and nothing is selected. I turned on debug logging and the output is contained here: https://paste.osmc.tv/ikibocirek. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Charles

Hi Charles,

I’d suggest contacting the HifiBerry team for advice on this.

Sam

Thanks, Sam. I guess my question would be why everything was working fine until a few days ago. Was there an update that changed things?

Thanks,
Charles

No - there haven’t been any updates to the stable release channel for a couple of months. To me this sounds like a hardware issue.

Your log shows an update on 31/7/22. It’s not immediately obvious which package could have borked your audio (hdmi audio also seems to have stopped working). I can’t see anything audio related there. Maybe someone else can.

I think that update was after things were already broken. I’m thinking of just doing a fresh installation of OSMC.

Now it’s magically working again. Maybe just a loose connection or something. Sorry about the bother.

Thanks,
Charles

1 Like