Audio passthru

hey community,
i’m about to get a Vero 4K (not plus) and have a question: is it still capable of passing thru hd audio as Dolby TrueHD or DTS-MA, Atmos and so on?
currently on a FireTV 4K Stick and Kodi doesn’t do this for me, although PLEX on it does.

This should give you a good overview of what is supported: Audio hardware and software configuration

this is theoretically, would like to chime in a user with similar setup though…

Theoretical? Vero 4K and 4K + are capable of full audio passthrough as the wiki article states. That’s a practical fact :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

hopefully.

again, why i am skeptical- same Kodi doesn’t pass HD Audio to the soundbar…

If the soundbar or any other receiving device is capable of processing all passthrough audio formats, Vero 4K will pass them on untouched :+1:t2: The FireTV devices are completely different than our Vero 4K and 4K +… Any comparison won’t hold.

1 Like

It isn’t Kodi that’s to blame for that, it’s Amazon’s compromised version of the Android operating system which enable that ability. On the Vero 4K the operating system is based on Debian Linux, and specifically tweaked to support the running of Kodi and all its functions.

As of right now, there are a few minor issues with high bit-rate TrueHD tracks, but these are fixed in Kodi v19.3, and we should have a version of OSMC that incorporates those fixes in the quite near future.

3 Likes

that’s where an odd thing comes into play. MrMC (which is kinda a Kodi branch) on same Firetv does passthru…

Might be connected to how well people know the device and its firmware with all its quirks. Rest assured, we know our devices and can therefore ensure that this is properly working :wink:

I’m using a Vero4k+ with passthrough enabled, and I’m getting all the formats you mentioned: “Dolby TrueHD, DTS-MA, Atmos, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital+”

As someone mentioned there is a Kodi issue (not OSMC) where high-bitrate TrueHD signals are not being passed through so you get audio-drop-out when the bitrate goes too high [I’m seeing reports that the movie FreeGuy is one that has this issue]. As someone also noted that issue is being corrected in Kodi v19.3

Using my Vero 4k+ for almost one year by now.

I needed a solution, because audio passthrough did not work anymore with my FireTVs.

Since I switched, I have no more trouble. It just works well and all audio gets nice and quick through OSMC to my decoder.

I prefer DTS formats, so you will be fine with this, too!

Best regards!

1 Like