Audio video settings questions - New user

Hi,
Just got it up and runnng couple of configuration questions.

1 Video
Accoring to the review

Vero 4K not just to switch video output refresh rate to complement the framerate of the content – which it does very ably – but also to switch the actual resolution between 1080p and Ultra HD, where necessary.*

I can’t find a ‘native’ or auto resolution out put, anywhere, my Tv is 4k but I’d like it to do the upscaling from lower resolutions, as it does it better than the player.

Audio
I am using HDMI to connect it to my Denon amp (atmos enabled) and I can only get the player to putput PCM, when playing the info button on the player says DD True HD etc but the amp is only getting PCM.

Many thanks

We recommend people with 4K TV’s set their user interface (UI) to 1080p. Kodi’s UI is not optimized for 4K yet and this can put unnecessary demands on your device and can lead to a suboptimal picture quality, as well as potentially cause other issues.

The settings we recommend are as follows…

Settings>System>Display>Resolution> 1920x1080p
Settings>System>Display>Whitelist> (empty) *
Settings>Player>Videos>Adjust display refresh rate> On start/stop

Some televisions may also need, or benefit from, the following being set…

System>Display>Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling> (enable)

With the above settings your UI will be output in Full HD and your 4K content will be output in 4K. *Information regarding the whitelist can be found here. If you have any doubt, feel free to upload some logs so we can verify that your settings are indeed correct.

Please read this post about correctly setting up your audio.

Thanks will look at the video settings.

I get an error when I try the audio settings link

:frowning:

Access Denied

while trying to load /t/id_for/connecting-up-your-audio-setup-audio-settings

Sorry, link updated in that post to the correct one.

All good MANY thanks