Audio/Video syncing

Hi, I have an RPi with OSMC on it. Frequently the audio and video are out of sync. When it is out of sync, the video will periodically pause so the audio catches up. But then they get out of sync again. This happens over and over again. Other times, the audio and video remain in sync perfectly. I am wired (not wireless) and have gigabit network equipment in my house. Does anyone know how to get the audio to be in sync with video all of the time?

Thanks!

Do you have mpeg2 codec? Are the files you are playing mpeg? Otherwise, provide logs and mediainfo on a problematic file.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

I don’t recall adding any codecs during my setup. Is there an easy way to determine the format the live tv is streaming in?

The problem is not occurring right now. I will turn on logging next time audio gets out of sync, which could be tomorrow.

Thanks!

Yeah, the easy way is included in the link I provided. But I’d you are talking about live TV, I suspect it to be very likely to be mpeg2.

Acquire the codec here