Audio working but not as I would like

Howdy all

Installed OSMC and so far I am very impressed. In it’s current state of development it will do everything I want it to for my project.
However, there is a little snag I have hit that I am hoping to find a solution to.

My project involves being able to play video/music through the HDMI port and also being able to play music through the analog port when not connected to HDMI. This is because it will be a media centre for the lounge and then be driven outside (yes, driven) to serve as a duke box.

While inside, the HDMI cable and the analog cable will be connected at the same time. When outside, only the analog cable will be connected.

The HDMI portion of the project works flawlessly. In fact, I cant fault it at all. The problem comes when I unplug the HDMI cable and the audio becomes jittery/choppy through the analog port.

I have tried restarting before and after unplugging with no difference.

I have OSMC set to use both HDMI and analog for its audio (this is how I figure its supposed to be in this type of set up) and have even tried all other options just to rule everything out.

I am certain its an OSMC issue as I can play an MP3 file via python-pygame and it works fine.

I would much prefer to have 1 application managing my media for both inside and outside but am prepared to hand over the music to my own software if needed.

If there is any other information you need to help me resolve this issue, please let me know and I will try my best.

Thanks in advance,
Homer