AVR Onkyo TX-RZ820, DTS-HD HRA/Hi Res Passthrough Issue

We have already looked at this last night. In theory: setting 2 channels is all that’s needed to fix this. We will make testing available soon.

Those of you who experienced some PCM issues (strange noise, crackling or distortion on the rear channels), could you please follow these instructions and provide some feedback:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

This is not intended to solve the HRA issue, but PCM noise issues. I believe, @Ronnick has reported them here…

I will definitely give it a whirl as soon as I get home. I’ll of course report my findings.

Ok, just as before, I set audio to 7.1 fixed. HRA is decoded to PCM perfectly with no screeching or static in the surrounds with the .81 version. Great job!

2 Likes

Like very much! :ok_hand:t2:

Any idea when you got a build with this DTS-HD HRA fix available for testing?

Not yet. We also don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up that it will ever be fixed. In the worst case we will provision for PCM output of HRA only.