Beeping sound from Vero 4k+

I’ve just installed my Vero 4k+ this weekend. I’ve installed Transmission and noticed it making a beeping sound on occasion, mainly when it’s under load (eg, torrenting) and when I have the web UI open.

Can someone advise what this is? I’ve connected via ssh and ran htop, and while I can see it’s under load it doesn’t feel hot or anything, so I’m unsure if this is something to be concerned about.

If it’s not of concern is there a way to disable it?

I don’t think this is an issue we’ve ever even heard of before to be honest.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

False alarm, my mistake. It appears to be related to an external HDD I have connected…
Sorry!