Best TV Tuner for Vero/OSMC

at the moment its back in its box lol

I put allot of my ramblings as I went along on another post here:

the OP on that thread got it working well for SD tv on a RPI2 although were not exactly sure how but seems the kernal modules likely just needed enabling or the problems with the appstore version of tvheadend that may have caused his initial issues. last I heared he couldn’t get HD working though.
turns out both pi versions uses 3.18 kernel so drivers are atleast already in tree
on the vero front:
basicaly from what I can tell the kernel needs recompiling with the linux tv drivers found here:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers

unfortunately it wouldn’t compile with all drivers and when tried to compile selectively I got it to compile but couldn’t get the modules to load due to duplicate issues etc.

further reading suggested a cross compile of the drivers may help but ive really hit my limit without any pointers from someone more experienced in this field. unfortunately sam hasnt come back I would image he is fairly tied up getting osmc final ect and nobody else has has jumped in so somewhat stuck at the moment but I live in hope :smile:, as it stands if you have a VERO DONT BUY THIS STICK