Great news Sam.
Great news Sam.
Quick question. Is there a big difference between using a dongle type tuner, or using a stb like vu+ (vu+ addon)?
Thanks for the great reply regarding the Sundtek tuner, I recently bought the Sundtek MediaTV tuner and want to get it working with the Vero. Do you have the link to the script you refer to so I can give it a try?
Here’s the instructions (actually the script is called ‘sundtek_netinst.sh’,
and not setup.sh).
I copied this from here: http://support.sundtek.com/index.php?topic=997.0;wap2
This is what I use, and it works fine for me.
chmod 777 sundtek_netinst.sh
Choosing between DVB-C and DVB-T:
Please note only the netinstaller will work on the RPI (the netinstaller only requires around 5mb temporary space, while the multi-arch installer requires around 50mb).
Additional the RPI needs an active USB hub to support USB TV devices (since the board only provides 125mA (instead of 500mA USB 2.0 Spec)
Thanks for the information, should this be the same for the Vero @sam_nazarko ?
Yes – the setup is independent of the kernel version
Ok installed the drivers successfully and changed to DVD-T but I’m getting stuck setting up TVheadend. When adding networks I’m choosing DVB-T but seeing no presets to choose. also the TV adapter naming looks a little ‘corrupt’.
I’ve used TVHeadend on my Synology DiskStation and when adding networks it shows a number of presets, not so for TVheadend on Vero/OSMC.
Anyone got any ideas?
Can you upload a full set of logs from the My OSMC section?
Here you go.
@sam_nazarko : hi sam, do you have plans to support hdhomerun tuners directly from Appstore tvheadend instal, or should i better configure stuff manually?
Any thoughts on what’s wrong @sam_nazarko?
I have already done the ‘heavy’ lifting of getting dvb_hdhomerun in the kernel. I will always ship this module with the kernel so you won’t need to worry about recompiling it every kernel update which would be quite problematic. You just need to install ‘libhdhomerun1’ and set up the userspace part of it. Once that’s done though, it will work permanently.
I am not sure whether I’ll be supporting it in TVHeadend in the App Store yet. Firstly, I need to fix TVHeadend as it’s causing issues for some.
@apt Our TVHeadend in the App Store is still slightly problematic, hence the very large thread on TVHeadend. Should be able to fix it shortly, but fixing a couple of other Vero issues at this moment. A quick perusal of your logs shows me nothing abnormal. I see
09:54:39 T:1592402976 ERROR: EPG - Update - failed to update table 'Channel 5+1'``` So it seems you've managed to successfully scan for channels? S
Thanks for the quick reply Sam. A persistent one time setup is good enough for me.
Nope not even able to add networks sucessfully as no presets shown. What you may be seeing in the logs are from the TVheadend install on my DiskStation which seems to be working ok. I wanted to just use Vero however which isn’t working.
Any ETA on fixing TVheadend?
In the version you are installing there are no presets, in the box you are showing you enter the name you want to call the network, select “Network Discovery” and “Skip initial scan” and then select create. You then need to go to the Muxes tab and manually set up one mux (I found this info on the Internet for my local Freeview transmitter), having “Network Discovery” enabled will allow it to discover all the associated muxes.
That said I didn’t have any luck with the AppStore version, when it scanned it didn’t find any channels. So I built Tvheadend following HarryL’s instructions.
Edit: Note in HarryL’s version there is a preset to select your local transmitter in the Network window.
That’s great information thanks @pscriven, I’ll give it a try.
Hi - I just wondered if you got this to work in the end. I might try and buy one myself. Thanks
Whenever you need some feedback from us just let me know.
The top issue really seems to be a latency issue the system is not fast enough to grab the video data from the tuner.
It should work without any problem with the RPI 2/3.
@mrechberger this post is for Vero 1 from last year. It shouldn’t have any problems with Sundtek devices
This is the one I use in Scotland - it was a bugger to learn how to set up, but after a while, I learned and it’s working very well. I have a Pi 2 as the back end into which this is plugged, and all Kodi installations in my house talk to it. I find this a >very< stable setup : TV just works, and all the time. I have a Pi 3 as a front end velcro’d to the back of my telly, and have movies, Tv shows, Streams and live TV in Kodi all on my home screen, so everything is in one place, with one remote control. It is worth the effort to use and learn how to set this up - though the drivers may be a problem. I had to add the following, and below is an excerpt:
sudo mv dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw /lib/firmware/dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw
sudo mv dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw /lib/firmware/dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw
Install Tvheadend on Raspberry Pi
Now add the Tvheadend repo’s key, the repo itself, update packages and install Tvheadend
sudo apt-get install apt-transport-https
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 379CE192D401AB61
echo “deb https://dl.bintray.com/tvheadend/deb jessie release” | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/tvheadend
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install tvheadend -y
_During the Tvheadend installation you will be prompted for an admin username and password, choose a strong password and I advise using a non-obvious username (i.e. not admin or Administrator).
Hpe this helps : )