Better boot logo and sad face

I agree – and I’m happy to accept improvements on this.

A PR would be welcomed to improve things.

From your skinning questions and splash screen questions I suspect that you are selling this as a commercial product. That’s fine – but make sure you do this legally.

If you’re selling this to customers, then follow the GPL and trademark guidelines and consider donating so that we can put someone on this for a day to improve things.

If you are re-selling Vero 4K + then this is something we can look in to regardless.

This is already available via our whitelabelling system and we have a few customers that have bespoke solutions.

Have you contacted sales@osmc.tv?

Sam

No Sir, ALL my clients order directly from your website!

My Skinning questions are for my own personal system, although Most of my clients love my changes.

not looking to whitelabel, just looking for a option to change splash logos and have them survive updates

You could replace the splashscreen with a simple single-colour image (no design, nothing, just a big blue or purple canvas) - maybe something a little less bright than the default bright blue. It’d still get overwritten after updates but at least it wouldn’t upscale weirdly.