Hi, i recently upgraded my very from v18 (i think) to v20. Since that time the scrasper for series does not work anymore, i.e. it couldnt find the episodes.
So i have changed to sources to tmdb tv shows and since the shit hit the fan. The whole library vanished. i can search fpr series and the episodes, but it takes ages and the information are applied to all series!? That is weird, i save for example episode 3 of one series, and find the same infos for every other tv show for episode 3…until i can scan for sth elsem, which is then also applied to all shows.
Sooo. hiow can i fix that? I was think to remove the source, clear the library, and setup the whole thing again? Maybe there is a smarter way?
It sounds like what happened was that you were using the TVDB scraper in Kodi v18 and when you moved to v20 that add-on isn’t installed by default so your scrapers don’t work until you either install a TVDB scraper or manually change your sources to TMDB. If you change your sources to a different scraping source then this poses an issue for existing TV series in your library as they will already be set to look for metadata in the old scraping source which the current scraper will not support. So at this point your options are to either bring up the information window for every single TV series that your going to be adding episodes to and click the refresh option so it updates the source to the new scraper, or else just remove those items from the library and add scrape them back again with the new scraper. If you have more than just a small collection the second option is probably a lot less painful. To do this go to your source, context menu, change context, and set this to none and click OK. It should ask if you want to remove these items from the library which you want to say yes to. You may want to at this point go into your library to make sure everything you told it to remove actually was. If there are some stray items you probably want to just tell Kodi to remove them before setting your scraper back to your new source. One special note here is if you have nfo files present this may pose a big issue as they will probably contain a link to your old scraping site and this will prevent the new scraper from working for the same reason you started with. You would probably be best off just deleting these nfo files as the alternative is to edit the nfo for every series.
I’m not entirely clear how you were running your test here but for reference the way Kodi scrapes series is that it matches a folder name (unless there is a nfo folder inside the folder) to a series and then stores in its database a reference to that series. Any video files inside that folder it only tries to identify a season and episode number and it combines that with the info it stored for the source folder. This means that you cannot mix different shows in the same folder and expect the metadata to be correct.
You don’t need to refresh each show one-by-one You can simply update in bulk from the media source (in the media library section of the settings where you added the source, or from the “Files” menu) If you use the “Change Content” option from context menu of the tvshow source that you added, and change the type to something else, it should ask you if you “Do you want to refresh information for all items within this path” when you click “ok” on the dialog, and if you click “yes”, it will rescan everything under that source. Note, you can also use that to “rescan” everything without actually changing the type by changing to something else, and then back again in the dialog before you click “ok”, which is useful if you do things like maintain local image art, or use a media-manager (mediaelch, tinymediamanager, etc) to generate NFO files.
I think I’ve seen that since at least maybe Leia? I generate local NFO files and images for everything, and have some scripts that massage things like genres and tags and sort title (eg, change sort title to “[collectionname] [year]” to catagorize and organize things more to my liking, and thus only use “local nfo files” scraper (which is also boatloads faster than pulling all the data off the internet every time)
Well manually scraping or all at once did not work, as described before. Brwosing through the files (not the library) gave always just the informations of one show - the one i manually last.
Anyway, I have tried the idea of darwindesign, i.e. I changed the scraper to “none” for the TV show source. And thus removed all from the library. Then i manually cleared the library (again) with my NAS offline ^^, and restartet.
Maybe to much at this point but whatever.
Then I added the scraper to the Tv Show Folder with the new TMDB TV show scraper, and its scanning right now and it seems to work this time, i.e. it finds the tv shows and the episodes and saves the correct information for the specif episodes…So seems to work. This will take ages now, but thats ok, as long as it works. So thanks alot
and i dont use nfo-files - an standard libarary with images while browsing is enough for me
Sometimes people don’t always realize it is relevant or they don’t look and they actually have them from a library export they had done at some point in the past they had forgotten about. These files are not just for people wanting to customize the metadata for a video though. Parsing nfo files for misidentified shows (literally just a url to the proper scraping source) can be desirable over renaming folders or more extensive manual effort. These files as a function of a library export can save watched state and tweaking a user did inside of Kodi which can really help when someone needs to re-import their library. Unfortunately this doesn’t work so well with TV shows when you switch which website your grabbing metadata from.