Black Screen after update

I have never intentionally modified the fstab. I managed to add the line an and get the spacing correct. I currently at work so i have the update over ssh and therefore cannot check if it worked. it did return th following error

Errors were encountered while processing:
rbp1-image-4.1.3-2-osmc
rbp1-kernel-osmc
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Is it ok to alter fstab or does the update process of OSMC do anything to fstab?
Because I have noobs and it does not use the correct boot partition in fstab. And therefore my boot did not get updated.

We never touch fstab after install, not even during updates.

Are you sure you are using a Noobs install here ? I’m not too familiar with Noobs but as far as I can see you are not using noobs on this install based on your df -h output which does not show additional partitions for other operating systems.

If you were using noobs the root partition would not be /dev/mmcblk0p2.

Any thoughts @sam_nazarko ?

I believe NOOBS uses extended partitions for root filesystems (after mmcblk0p4).

Sam

Thank you everyone for your help. I am operational again. Boot is taking a little longer the usual but I can live with that. I owe a few beers I think…

Please upload the output of mount and cat /etc/fstab so I can take a look at this. This sounds like a serious issue.

A “me too!” doesn’t help for an 11 month old issue that would appear to have been solved since folks never responded with the requested info for further support. We need logs.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information, including logs from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us help you.

I realized after posting that it was a post from “Aug 2015” and not “August 15th” and couldnt find a way to remove it via iPhone Safari. Just figured it out via iPad though and removed it.

Thanks.