Black screenshot when the hardware acceleration is enabled

Hello Sam, I received my Vero 4k a few weeks ago and it’s working great, however I have found a (probably) trivial ‘bug’ (I’m not really sure if it’s actually a bug, but I’ll assume so). The problem is that when I try to take a video screenshot when the hardware acceleration is enabled, the resulting image is completely black or, if the OSD is present, only the OSD will be in the picture. This doesn’t happen if the hardware aceleraran is disabled.
I’m assuming this happens because Kodi is unable to capture the picture from the GPU buffer or something like that.
The reason I said I don’t know if this is a bug or not is because maybe this feature is not thought to capture screenshots from videos but rather to capture the Kodi GUI for reporting purposes (considering the option to change the screenshots path is located at System Settings → Logging) but even so, is there anything that can be done to make it work for videos with the HW acceleration enabled as well?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. I’ll look in to it, but to be honest, it’s a little low on my list of my priorities. Nonetheless, I appreciate you bringing it to my attention, as it’s something we’ve obviously missed.

I’ll let you know if I need any further information

Cheers

Sam

This is now on the list.

Thank you!