Bluetooth dongle purchased from OSMC not working

Hi All,

I recently brought a bluetooth device from the OSMC store because they said it should work well when streaming music from my phone to my pi running OSMC.

This does not seem to be the case, the pi can see the phone and the phone can see the pi but as soon as I try and connect, the bluetooth sign next to the phone in the paired devices list goes red and I get a error saying the connection failed.

I have installed bluetooth and bluez from the command line and still no luck, has anyone seen this before or can people direct me to some log files that might help me debug the issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi

If the dongle can see your devices, then it means the device itself is functioning.

Audio streaming is still in testing phase, but we will soon make it part of OSMC proper.

You can follow these instructions: [Deprecated] [TESTING] Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP)

Depending on the packages you have installed, you may need to start with a fresh install

Sam

Cheers Sam,

I was assuming that as the bluetooth option was in the OSMC menu I did not have to run that install :slight_smile:

It does seem to work now, sometimes it is a bit glitchy but I think that is to do with line of sight.

Thanks again,