Bluetooth randomly stops working

Hi,

I have Raspberry pi 3 with lastest OSMC update. Almost everything works ok except bluetooth.

I connect bluetooth headset without any problem. Change audio output to bluetooth, and works perfectly. Then play move and after some time it just stops working.

I didn’t find any usefull diagnostic message. If i try to disable and anable bluetooth with sudo hciconfig hci0 down/up.
“Can’t init device hci0: Connection timed out (110)”

If i reboot OSMC it works perfectly again but again for some random time. Sometimes for 2 minuts sometimes for 60 minutes but allways drops.

With some older version of OSMC this worked bluetooth dropouts started after last update. Somebody else have this problem ? Can somebody give me hint where to look for solution ? I am searching for solution for a week now and there is some toppics but non of them apply to my case.

I am useing built in bluetooth in raspberry pi 3 and this Arctic bluetooth headphones.

Hi,
I also have a Raspberry pi 3 running the latest OSMC. I also had some problems with bluetooth but it was concerning a keyboard.
When your headphones stop working, can you check if hciconfig is still running PSCAN ?
It should look like this :

osmc@osmc:~$ hciconfig

The output should be like this :

hci0: Type: BR/EDR Bus: UART
BD Address: B8:27:EB:BD:E7:BA ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:1
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:1364 acl:0 sco:0 events:74 errors:0
TX bytes:1187 acl:0 sco:0 commands:74 errors:0

You must have “UP RUNNING PSCAN”
If you don’t have it, try typing :
sudo hciconfig hci0 pscan

Otherwise try enabling bluetooth with :
sudo connmanctl enable bluetooth
and also check in the file “/var/lib/connman/settings” that bluetooth is enabled.

I have the same problem. It work yet for you?

Hi,
Sorry I didn’t have time to play with this and i didn’t find solution.
If it is only Raspberry I would focus on solving this issue becouse there are good chances to be solved, but it is not only raspberry. I have other problems with my headphones that annoys me. I still didn’t try any decent bluetooth hedphones that works without pairing issues, connection dropouts, random quality drops, and so on… every product i tryed have some kind of problem. Mostly I thing this is some compatibility issue between bluetooth devices.

Just guessing here: 2-3 amp power supply? BT consumes a bit of power.