Bluray directory structure (index.bdmv) not working

I’m trying this out on a raspberry pi 2 and everything seems to work well except I’m unable to view movies that are straight rips of bluray disks. This works on my windows based kodi system. The log shows that the system is going to open the /BDMV/index.bdmv but it fails saying:

Unable to load libbluray.so.1, reason: libbluray.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

both are there so I’m not sure what is wrong.

This is a fresh install of OSMC (as of 2/20/2015)

Have you installed the bluray library?

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libbluray1
1 Like

So that works. Thanks.

I would suggest since this OSMC distribution is supposed to be for Kodi based systems that this library be part of the distribution instead of leaving it up to the user to figure out. I don’t think my directory structure is that unique so I would suspect that others run into this (although they probably just try to do the apt-get install first…).

David

OSMC is still in alpha so there will be stuff missing, not working etc. The devs have said that the bluray library among other things will be included in the next release.

Fair enough. Is there an information page on the “todo/missing” list for this distro?

They probably searched and realised this is a documented (and now fixed) issue already :smile:

We are going final in 8 days. Should be stable and feature complete then
S

Final in a couple of days, is that timeline still accurate?