Bluray ISO playback?

Yeah I did a fresh install to my RPi 2.
Oh well, maybe it’s just my files, I only have 3 ISO’s, although they do all work fine on a laptop with VLC.

I should have said, it’s not a huge problem, the menu does load but for all of mine it displays a kind of grey pixelated mess. I’m still able to click play and generally the actual movie plays okay though, so I can live with it.

Do you have the MPG2 and/or VC1 license codes installed ?

If you press O on a keyboard at the point where you see a pixellated mess, what codec does it say it’s using ? h.264, mpeg2, or vc1 ?

Also what happens if you go to Settings->Videos->Acceleration and disable OMXPlayer but leave MMAL enabled ?

I don’t have the licence codes yet, I purchased them yesterday and received them today so I’ll add those when I get home from work later and see if that helps, then I’ll be able to answer your other Q’s as well.
Thanks! :smiley:

Thanks, you were bang on, they’re all working great now I have installed the license codes!

Hi, I’m a newbie at Raspberry (Pi3) and OSMC. Until now I used media-players like Popcorn, Dune or Iconbit to play my DVDs and Blurays I have ripped to my NAS.

On the Raspberry I have installed OSMC (newest version from the Website) und upgraded KODI to Krypton (sudo -s | echo “deb http://apt.osmc.tv krypton main” >> /etc/apt/sources.list | apt-get update | apt-get -y dist-upgrade && reboot). Next I have installed the libbluray1 as discribed above via putty.

I also have installed the MPG2-licence-code, but still I’m not able to play my bluray-ISOs and my bluray-3D-ISOSs i have stored on my Qnap-NAS. I am not interested in the menu-structure, I only want to play the films.

With a Box from Iconbit with Kodi installed, playing ISO-Files (2D & 3D) is problem-free, but the support ist despicably. Thats why I try using the raspberry and OSMC. Would be nice, if anyone could help me in a simple way.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload some logs. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

There is no need to do this.
There is already an OSMC Blu-ray package.

Hi, many thanks for your extremly fast answer!!!
This ist the URL to my uploaded log:
http://paste.osmc.io/izinehajak
The URL to the Madiainfo-File is
http://paste.osmc.io/esalisadar.tex
Screenshot:

I hope, this is correct and useful.
Thanks, Ernsesto

Okay…
Is there something to do to activate this package?
Thanks for your tip

It should already be installed.

dpkg -l | grep bluray | grep osmc

BD Menu support is not possible currently. You may be able to play the M2TS files directly. I believe there are Bluray improvements coming in Krypton, but it’s still experimental.

Putty shows me the following, I think. the library should be installed.:
osmc@osmc:~$ dpkg -l | grep bluray | grep osmc
ii armv7-libbluray-osmc 0.9.3-1 armhf libbluray library for OSMC

Yes, you have the latest library.

Unfortunately this library does not grant full support for BD

Hi there!
Is there any way to get an OSMC/KODI17 disk-image with well-working bluray-player (ISO-Files), that can be installed via Windows OSMC-Istaller? It would be the easiest way to check the bluray-capability of OSMC in combination with a reaspberry pi3. I didn’t find any other way to play my bluray-images.

Not until after 17 is stable.

Maybe an OSMC/KODI16 disk-image with working bluray-player for ISO-Files?

The disk images available are what we have. If 17 solves the problem, then you will have to be patient until the final stable version is released and new disk images are produced.

@sam_nazarko
The log contains:

17:29:43.204 T:1706431472   ERROR: Unable to load libbluray.so.1, reason: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
17:29:43.204 T:1706431472   DEBUG: Dll libbluray.so.1 was not found in path

Looks like libbluray is present but a dependency is missing.

Okay, thank you. But what can I do? I have no idea :unamused:

OSMC’s libbluray already depends on libfontconfig since 2015.
It’s possible that the library is missing from your system, although I am not sure how.

You can try sudo apt-get install libfontconfig1 temporarily to resolve the issue.

Hi Sam,
many thanks for your tipps, I have tried your command via putty (but I didn’t know what I have done). I have got the following reply from my system:

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Tue Jan 17 17:57:46 2017 from 192.168.0.10
osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get install libfontconfig1
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
libjasper1
Use ‘apt-get autoremove’ to remove it.
The following extra packages will be installed:
fontconfig-config fonts-dejavu-core
The following NEW packages will be installed:
fontconfig-config fonts-dejavu-core libfontconfig1
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1634 kB of archives.
After this operation, 3792 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 Index of /debian jessie/main fonts-dejavu-core all 2.34-1 [1047 kB]
Get:2 Index of /debian jessie/main fontconfig-config all 2.11.0-6.3+deb8u1 [274 kB]
Get:3 Index of /debian jessie/main libfontconfig1 armhf 2.11.0-6.3+deb8u1 [313 kB]
Fetched 1634 kB in 1s (849 kB/s)
Preconfiguring packages …
Selecting previously unselected package fonts-dejavu-core.
(Reading database … 22783 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/fonts-dejavu-core_2.34-1_all.deb …
Unpacking fonts-dejavu-core (2.34-1) …
Selecting previously unselected package fontconfig-config.
Preparing to unpack …/fontconfig-config_2.11.0-6.3+deb8u1_all.deb …
Unpacking fontconfig-config (2.11.0-6.3+deb8u1) …
Selecting previously unselected package libfontconfig1:armhf.
Preparing to unpack …/libfontconfig1_2.11.0-6.3+deb8u1_armhf.deb …
Unpacking libfontconfig1:armhf (2.11.0-6.3+deb8u1) …
Setting up fonts-dejavu-core (2.34-1) …
Setting up fontconfig-config (2.11.0-6.3+deb8u1) …
Setting up libfontconfig1:armhf (2.11.0-6.3+deb8u1) …
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u7) …
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://apt.osmc.tv/ krypton/main armhf Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/apt.osmc.tv_dists_krypton_main_binary-armhf_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://apt.osmc.tv/ krypton/main armhf Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/apt.osmc.tv_dists_krypton_main_binary-armhf_Packages)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
osmc@osmc:~$

I think, you know what it means, I have absolutely no idea (normally I am only a poor windows-User), but it seems to work :grinning: in 2D and in 3D.

Thank you for your sternuous efforts :+1: