Bluray ISO playback?

Hi folks, new to this RPi stuff, just got a pi 2 and OSMC is superb, got it all as I need but can’t seem to play any kind of bluray iso, mainly its my own created iso’s from my Sony camcorder using Sony’s own soft so there is no protection on it at all, if I click it it does nothing.

Is there an easy way to play back a bluray folder structure also? or is it a case of playing the m2ts files within separately?

Otherwise its a superb bit of kit and OSMC is wonderful, many thanks!

After this you should be able to play the bluray isos.

Many thanks for the swift reply, I need to look at how to do what you say, I’ve never used Linux before and literally just created the image for osmc on an sd card and away I went.

Download PuTTY: Download PuTTY: latest release (0.78)
SSH to the ip of your RPi and login with username and password ‘osmc’.
Then just execute the command I told before, when you tried a bluray iso, you can type exit to close the session :smile:

Many thanks for the help, I’ve got into it via ssh with putty, used the command but it came up with unable to locate package libbluray1

any idea?

Ahh maybe first do a ‘sudo apt-get update’, after that the install again :smile:

That looked better, many thanks, i’ll report back shortly but it looked like it installed stuff from the putty terminal.

Perfect, many thanks indeed, would it be something similar for AVCHD iso’s?

Does AVCHD iso playback require the mpeg2 licence?

Hmmm no idea, normally you would then hear only sound, but don’t see any video.
I never used any avchd isos, so can’t really give advice about that…

1 Like

AVCHD uses the “Advanced Video Codec” also known as H.264, so no, no codec licenses should be needed for AVCHD.

I guess if I remuxed the video file from within the iso then it will play ok, but its hassle, ideally would just want to play the iso just like playing the blu iso’s, i’d have thought as the folder structure is almost identical it wouldn’t be a problem but it obviously is as AVCHD iso’s just wont play for me.

I was able to play an AVCHD.iso test disk after installing libbluray1 as above.

Please enable debugging in Settings->System->Debugging, try to play your AVCHD iso, then paste the kodi debug log using:

paste-log /home/osmc/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

while logged in with SSH.

I’ll have a look in a bit when I get home and report back.

ok here is the log -

http://paste.osmc.io/uqirikitoq

I did grab an AVCHD iso online and tried that, worked fine, I think its a problem with the ones i’m trying to play as they are all my home movies and recorded on a Sony cam and the relevant AVCHD discs/iso created with Sony’s soft that comes with the camcorder, the blurays were created with the same soft, I did find that some of my home movie bluray iso’s wouldn’t play either, the ones that play come up with 3 choices (play main movie etc) but the ones that didn’t come up with 2 choices (select which one and show bluray menu), neither work though, but with the AVCHD discs created with that soft I don’t even get that option, nothing at all happens.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

I am also highly interessted in if the raspberry pi 2 is able to play untouched bluraydisc in .iso format.

Would be great if anyone can try that out and tell me which OS/programm is needed.

If thats possible i would definately buy one.

With linux i have basic knowledge.

Hi,
If you install the libbluray1 as described above you can play bluray copies (including all subfolders) by just enter “play” at the disk folder in KODI. Also ISO as fileformat is no problem. Only with some bluray copies like 300 or Merida I got some “freeze” during playing the files … (there is another post for that)

Hi,
Do we still need to do this in the RC?
The update mentioned Bluray menus were fixed but they still aren’t working properly for me.
Thanks!

The fix should be included in the RC. Did you do a fresh install to get to the RC ? (You can’t upgrade from Alpha 4)

You should have libbluray1 already installed:

osmc@osmc:~$ dpkg -l | grep bluray
ii  libbluray1:armhf                     1:0.6.2-1                 armhf        Blu-ray disc playback support library (shared library)