Boot off and install to micro-sd card

Hello all

I downloaded and used the OSMC installer to create a bootable micro-sd card. I then booted off it and installed the app to an attached USB stick. All works great, I’m really impressed but I have a couple of questions just to set up my config “just so”.

1. I do not want to have to use the external USB stick all the time, I want OSMC to boot of and run off the SD card and not require the USB stick. When I try to install without it present I cannot continue, I would have thought I’d have the option to install to the micro SD card. Is this possible at all please? I’d be happy enough to hack the files and move everything off the USB onto the SD if that’s possible or re-install if not. I’m trying to get my head round the boot sequence but could nto work it out.

2. I do not have a keyboard and mouse so I am reliant on a Sony remote and CEC for everything. I have added sources fine but cannot remove them, I can’t click and hold on a resource to remove it. It looks like I can tweak the config in /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata but I’d rather use the UI if possible, do you know if this is possible?

Thanks very much in advance and great job on the project, it’s really slick and professional.

If you don’t want to use the USB stick to install the operating system on, then simply choose an SD install (the default) in the installer instead of choosing USB install.

You can still plug a USB stick in later and use it as a media drive.

If none of your CEC buttons work as a context menu then you may have no choice but to create a custom remote.xml to assign it to an unused button - when I was using CEC I assigned the context menu to the blue C key on the remote.

There is a trick to access the context menu without doing this by holding down a button - I think it’s holding down Play, but I have not tried this.