Both movie and tvshow libraries have majority of the content missing

Hi I have a weird issue, I just noticed of of 2K movies I had in the library only 18 are showing up, if I go to Videos > Files, I can see them all. I can’t see anything in the Kodi log…

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Without logs, impossible to guess, other than it’s naming issues.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

It sounds like your films haven’t scraped in correctly.

No the library was fine for the last 8 years or so, this just happened on on the new Vero box and all other boxes are fine.

Media thats already been scraped successfully and was part of the library has disappeared (vs new files that failed to scrape etc.).

Here is the requested info: https://paste.osmc.tv/uzawalavar

Problems with your mounts?

08:47:11.903 T:3836879616 WARNING: Process directory '/mnt/sshfs/aequitas/tv/Babylon 5/' does not exist - skipping scan.
08:47:11.903 T:3826250496 WARNING: Process directory '/mnt/sshfs/aequitas/music/Andy C/' does not exist - skipping scan.
08:47:11.904 T:3836879616 WARNING: Process directory '/mnt/sshfs/aequitas/tv/Bad Judge/' does not exist - skipping scan.

Nop, if I go to files, I can open all of them…

Issue with scan running before sshfs service comes online?

Just how are you mounting? There is nothing in your fstab to mount /mnt/sshfs/aequitas

Have you wait for network enabled?

Not sure how to do it… never had to before. I use ‘Library Auto Update’ plugin, added a 2 minute delay for scan on startup and disable Kodi’s default scan on start. Lets see how that goes.

Had another thought, my plugin rescans the library every hour - it not being able to scan on startup is fine and understandable but subsequent scans shouldn’t run into this issue… Certainly doesn’t explain why existing media was removed from the library.

Heres next set of logs with debugging and delay in scan: https://paste.osmc.tv/hebahuvifa

In MyOSMC - Network - Wired/Wireless

1 Like

Which file did you try to play that wasn’t found?

Its not “file not found, remove?” issue - the media is just not showing up on the library. For example my library shows a grand total of 18 movies right now whereas if I go through file browser I can see approx 2300 and all of which I can play from there.

Thanks, this is an awesome feature.

Well you are not using a shared Database means when you add to the Vero the Media is newly scraped. And that seems not to work always like
09:04:16.263 T:3835974400 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0xd0b5cee0) https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=Dirk%20Gently’s%20Holistic%20Detective%20Agency
09:04:16.786 T:3835974400 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=Dirk%20Gently’s%20Holistic%20Detective%20Agency

I know this is the most annoying one and have given up completely on - this 1 show won’t scrape from the beginning and I can live with that.

That being said, the issue with the media library where 99% of the media disappeared only happened over the last few weeks (took me a while to notice I suppose).

It almost seems like the library view might be to blame, for example when I click Movies, its showing me the latest ones. Is there a trick to resetting the library view?

If you click “Movies” the Library will be shown with all files not only the latest. Default sorting is also by name. You can change the sorting by clicking to the left.

I think you might want to clean your library via settings.

Thanks, can’t hurt - trying it now.

No luck with cleanup - I am now 100% sure its displaying only the latest or recently added movies no matter which view I select (Title, Year, Actors, Studios etc.).

Is there any way to hard reset this?

You have this line in the Kodi log:

09:03:50.422 T:4075450960   DEBUG: RunQuery took 3 ms for 18 items query: select * from movie_view

so it looks like something in movie_view is causing most movies not to be returned.

It is probably possible to repair it on the database, but the easiest way to fix this is to rename the database file and re-scan.

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
cd ~/.kodi/userdata/Database
mv MyVideos107.db MyVideos107.db_bak
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

Then re-scan from the Kodi interface.

If all goes well, you can remove the backup database file. If not, you still have it as a fallback.

1 Like

Sorry didnt check back but I ended up deleting the sources and re adding them, seems to have solved the problem.