Bottom row of OSD is partially cut off

After the Krypton update, when using skip forward, the bottom row of the OSD showing the skip amount is 1/2 off the bottom of the screen, so I can only see the top half of the skip display.

I’ve tried changing the video calibration, but the bottom row of the OSD is still cut off. Any ides on how I can move it up a bit?

Make sure ‘Just Scan’ is set on your TV.
You want a 1.1 pixel mapping.

I would if I could, but my TV doesn’t have a setting that does this.

Just to be clear, using video calibration I can get the bottom of the display well above the bottom of the screen, but the position of the OSD is such that the lowest row is only half on the active display area. I need to move the OSD up relative to the bottom of the display area.

This is probably dependent on the skin you are using.
Almost all TVs should support adjusting the scan settings.

I’m using Estuary. There aren’t too many other options on Krypton.

Agree TVs should support 1:1 scanning, mine doesn’t. However I repeat that the problem seems independent of the scan setting.

OSMC skin :wink:

If you were using the OSMC skin before you can use that, or you can use Confluence which was Kodi’s default skin in the past

I had the same issue with Estuary after upgrading to v17 (main menu was calibrated properly, but the size was off when playing a video). To fix it you have to adjust the screen calibration within the OSD settings while playing a video (Gear icon -> Video Settings -> Video Calibration).

Hi boys… i have already ask this same question on another thread but it was OT.

I thinks this can be correct thread because i have a similar problems reported by @Melchiar upper here.

My TV it’s a LG 49LF690V and i have also set to use Estuary… i have a Pi2 connect on tv by HDMI and on home the resolution it’s fixed at 1920x1080 at 60Hz.
I have used the “Video Calibration” for fix all skin correctly…and when browse the addons of browse files or video apparently it’s all ok but the problems begin when for example a try to reproduce a video:
If the video i want to reproduce have a different resolution from home screen or a different fps during the video goes completely out of screen… during the reproduction i can re-calibrate using the Gear Icon and i can fix and continue to watch this video but if the next video have a different resolution of fps all goes in bust again and i need to re-calibrate again.
At first I thought all I had to recalibrate for each different resolution or fps but it’s not correct… simply if the next video have a different resolution or fps respect your previous i need every time to re-calibrate the video. It’s normal ?

Before i never obtain this little trouble… it’s the estuary can create this problems ? Or it’s the 17.1-rc1 ?

LG TVs should have a Just Scan option.
Please try it.

I have identical problem.

I’ve noticed, that when i play ANY video, my screen goes blank for 2 seconds. It’s a symptom of changing resolution settings (even when its stay on 1080p). When i stop video, my screen agains goes black for 2 sec and set resolutions for desktop.

Its behaves like it has different settings for video play and different for GUI.

It does not change the resolution. It changes the refresh rate.
Go to video options and disable the sync display option and/or the Adjust refreshrate option.
And no, this is not the same problem.

Thanks for hint.

For me looks the same issue as guys have.
When resolutions change - also calibration resets. So my symptoms are the same.
When play different resolution movie - calibration changes, need use gear icon to recalibrate (becouse resolution/refresh changed)

So maybe this is resolution for all issues here? i will check it back home

I had the same problem on my LG I had to change it to Just Scan, but the option only showed when playing a video, once I switched it everything fitted the screen.
I had another problem with there being a long delay after exiting a video and get back into the menus, to get around this I disabled the Adjust Refresh Rate and everything was back to normal

1 Like

Can you say the correct name of this option ? I have watched on my and there’s no present… where’s placed this option ?

“Adjust display refresh rate to match video”

See here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos

Settings → Player

Wait… it’s on TV setting on inside setting of OSMC ?

It’s also on Estuary or only in OSMC Skin ?

Little OT, on OSMC skin i can’t found the option for scroll of title or description… it’s no present ?

EDIT
Oh… i have found. It’s inside “aspect rapport” in setting of tv… now i select “Just Scan” (in italiano say Solo Ricerca" instead 16:9.

I need only to see what’s appening during a reproduction…

I note that Confluence doesn’t show up in the skin add-on repo, so how can I install it?

@HiroProtagonist update the repo its there under the look and feel meny in download addons