Broken remote RF receiver?


a few weeks ago, my remote stopped working. Initially I thought it may be a problem due to updates, but I am not so sure anymore. The RF receiver does not show up using lsusb at all. The kernel messages are as follows, no matter which USB port I plug it into:
[ 3170.592314] usb 1-1.3: new low-speed USB device number 7 using dwc_otg
[ 3170.610798] usb 1-1.3: device descriptor read/8, error -32
[ 3170.738479] usb 1-1.3: device descriptor read/8, error -32
[ 3170.847209] hub 1-1:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 3

For double-checking I also plugged the receiver into a FreeBSD box and get comparable kernel error messages.

Is it broken? If there is something I can test, I am happy to try.

Best regards

Hi RIggs,

If you tried an another device and your getting the same result, this would suggest it is broken.

But you could try connecting it via powered usb hub, its very unlikely but it could be a power related issue.

A full debugging log may give us a better idea of whats going on.

Also could provide more details of the rf receiver, make and model?

Thanks Tom.

Right, I forgot to mention: It is the official RF receiver that comes with the Vero 2 when you order the package. Make and model is not printed on it, and since I don’t get it to work with any computer I tried, I have no software means to identify make and model.

As I said, I have tried this on my workstation with comparable error messages. A powered USB hub would therefore not solve the problem. It also would not explain why it stopped working after several months with no problem :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that the remote has stopped working suddenly.

Send an email to with your order # and I will get a new one out for you in tomorrow’s post.

Thank you very much, email is on its way!