Broken TVheadend after last update

Hello
After last update I have No connection to TVheadend
Here is my logs:
http://paste.osmc.io/pugamarece
I already tried reverse of kernel to previous version, but it was not help
I have RPi2, OSMC from Noobs, HTS TVheadend
With version 2016.06-1 all working fine.

Thank you very much for your advice.
Jan

TVHeadend was updated to 4.0.9 in the June update, as many users have been requesting this new version and verified it as good. Maybe check the TVHeadend version and post it? Iā€™m, not a TVH dev, but Iā€™m sure with a log they could give advice, and we could certainly check for regressions as well.

Hello Sam
Thanks for your reply.
It was changed already in version 2016.06-1?
In System information - PVR section I cant check, because this section was grey and not available.
But in App store I have information that I have instaled version 4.0.9
I first uninstall tvheadend over appstore without problem, but when I try install again, I saw the messages ā€œError installing armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc. Please report to the osmc forum.ā€ and "Some packages were not installed/removed. Details have been written to the Kodi log.
Here is a new log after this error:
http://paste.osmc.io/ateforiwuc
thanks for your help.
Jan

Installation was repair by this:

Hello
After 2 weeks of working I have same problem back.
After RPi reboot the tvheadend not starting anymore (the logs are here: http://paste.osmc.io/tejerokepa )
IĀ“m not sure, but I think that tvheadend installation is broken.
Can you give me please some advice, hot to reinstall over SSH, because installation from appstore finished with error and repair from my previous post not helped.
If you need some another log, please let me know.
Thanks
Jan

You have run in the past several times apt-get upgrade which might have broken your package consistency. So suggest to start fresh.

Thanks for response
IĀ“m thinking about it also, but I have last backup from 29.12.2015
Can I make new backup now, if tvheadend broken? How to backup tvheadend settings?
What is the command for SSH installation of tvheadend? I wont make last attempt.
Thanks for your help
Jan

Yes as packages are not backed up by MyOSMC bakcup

You would need to backup the tvheadend config from /etc

I guess sudo apt-get install armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc

Hello @fzinken and @sam_nazarko
Today I make the clean NOOBS installation. After installation I have upgraded to last version without problem (2016.06-02). Then IĀ“m installing from App store Samba, FTP and tvheadend.
On the end of installation I have same error like on begining of this thread[quote=ā€œJanS, post:3, topic:17378ā€]
ā€œError installing armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc. Please report to the osmc forum.ā€ and ā€œSome packages were not installed/removed. Details have been written to the Kodi log.ā€
[/quote]

Here is my new logs:
http://paste.osmc.io/diqulavobu
Do you have some idea (from the logs) what is wrong?

Thank you very much for your sugestions.

Jan

Edit:
osmc@osmc:~$ systemctl status tvheadend.service

• tvheadend.service - TVHeadend Server
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/tvheadend.service; enabled)
    Active: activating (start) since Sat 2016-07-16 23:43:09 CEST; 1min 20s ago
    Process: 2178 ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 10 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Control: 2183 (tvheadend)
    CGroup: /system.slice/tvheadend.service
    `-2183 /usr/bin/tvheadend -f -p /run/tvheadend.pid -C -u osmc -g vā€¦

osmc@osmc:~$ journalctl -xn
No journal files were found.

Hello
Today I made another test. I took different not used card with installation from February (only OSMC not NOOBs)
I upgraded this card to latest version and then IĀ“m installing from App store Samba, FTP and tvheadend with same result like in previous post
Here is my new logs:
http://paste.osmc.io/qirovujodu
I think that there must be some error in armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc package - maybe only on mirror repository which I used.

Jul 17 19:55:09 osmc mediacenter[300]: ERROR!!! Jul 17 19:55:09 osmc mediacenter[300]: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1 Jul 17 19:55:09 osmc mediacenter[300]: Package affected!!! Jul 17 19:55:09 osmc mediacenter[300]: ['armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc']

Do you have some ideas @sam_nazarko?
Last two attempts was made on RPi3
Thanks for your help
Jan

I think weā€™d have some more reports if this was the case.

It seems like you have something wrong with your APT / dpkg state. See

Setting up armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc (4.0.9-3) ...
Creating TVHeadend default access control file
Job for tvheadend.service failed. See 'systemctl status tvheadend.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
dpkg: error processing package armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Setting up vsftpd (3.0.2-17+deb8u1) ...
Setting up ftp-app-osmc (1.1.3) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u4) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u4) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc

Try:

sudo apt-get update
rm -rf /home/osmc/.hts/
sudo apt-get -f install

If you are not too invested in this system, a reinstall may be easier.

Thanks for your replay
But this is fresh installation of NOOBS with update to last version and second case was fresh installation in February without any addons

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get -f install Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required: rbp2-image-4.4.8-3-osmc Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. 1 not fully installed or removed. After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used. Setting up armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc (4.0.9-3) ... Job for tvheadend.service failed. See 'systemctl status tvheadend.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details. dpkg: error processing package armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1 Errors were encountered while processing: armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) osmc@osmc:~$

`osmc@osmc:~$ systemctl status tvheadend.service

• tvheadend.service - TVHeadend Server
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/tvheadend.service; enabled)
    Active: activating (start) since Sun 2016-07-17 21:36:51 CEST; 1min 25s ago
    Process: 1238 ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 10 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Control: 1244 (tvheadend)
    CGroup: /system.slice/tvheadend.service
    -1244 /usr/bin/tvheadend -f -p /run/tvheadend.pid -C -u osmc -g vā€¦
    osmc@osmc:~$`

journalctl -xn
    No journal files were found.
    osmc@osmc:~$

A fresh NOOBS install is working for me.

You need to run sudo journalctl, but if you read our Wiki you can see how to get logs properly.

OK
I will make reinstall again and before tvheadend installation I will switch on Debug mode

Thanks Sam

After next fresh reinstall of NOOBS on RPi3 I updated to latest version, enable debug mode, install FTP and Samba without problem and installation of tvheadend generated same error like in previous case.
Here is the logs with enabled debuging
http://paste.osmc.io/uboratebud
I hope it will help

Jan

Okay. Iā€™ll look at this tomorrow for you.

1 Like

Thank you very much Sam
Jan