Browsing for local subtitles causes Vero4K+ to freeze

A thread about how not to ask for support and handle the responses you get.

You’ve repeatedly been told the issue is with Kodi, not the device. You won’t provide logs despite being told how to sanitize them if you have dodgy stuff in there. You basically asked for help, didn’t like the answers so had a go at everyone who tried to help.

Good luck with whatever device you decide to buy.

8 Likes

Install this add-on:

Also, I think you’re blaming the wrong people.

I’m not quite clear on why you would need that add-on. Kodi for me has never had an issue with picking up external subs and I’ve never had to browse. Since the OP said the files were named by TMM, and used the format where the sub file matched the corresponding video file (which is normally the most reliable method) then I think that most likely the issue is that a configuration mistake was made somewhere. Maybe there is a bug, but with no useful information to go off of, and not being something that seems to be a common issue, I would suspect it is not.

1 Like

Bad analogy. If you had your car chipped, added custom exhaust, fitted various 3rd party extras, you wouldn’t expect the manufacturer to help you at all. But at least you would need to tell them what addons you fitted. As it is, we don’t even know if you have installed addons, other than TMM which other users have found works fine.

What do you expect to happen?

WHATEVER! I bought an object that is supposed to do a job such as reading movies including their subs, and showing them to me! . This thing DOESN’T. I asked how to provide logs and some as…hle replied I have to PUBLISH THEM. I do not know how to clean them from personal information prior publishing and frankly it is not my job. A TESTER HELPS YOU HELPING ME, not a regular customer. If I go see a mechanic I do not explain him what doesn’t work in brake system. I just say car doesn’t brake. Is that so difficult to understand!!! You test your crap before selling it, don’t blame pissed off customers with “polite” typical anglosaxon hypocritical bisyllabic replies like obnoxious ActionA’s. And, let it go. I’ve already thrown away this stupid Vero 4K, since it simply does not do what I bought it for.

Folders and files were named by TMM. I have not modified anything in OSMC or elsewhere. I cannot go dig into my operating system to look for… I don’t know what. The media player does not do what is supposed to do. As for not being a common issue, that isn’t completely true since other people esperience it. I really cannot stand the obnoxious way of helping customers by Vero people: it appears it’s customer’s fault if the thing doesn’t work and because they are not good enough in “helping help them help us”! Unacceptable. 99£ thrown away. Even when subs are read because incorporated in video files, the MP freezes all the time God only knows why. I have a job and it’s not that of researching why things I buy don’t work.

Now that this is heading quickly toward racism, thread will be locked… You aren’t helping your cause anyway… Good luck and enjoy your new device.

1 Like

It’s very simple. If you are accessing copyrighted material that you have not paid for, you are pirating it.

There are only certain types of streaming add-ons that will crash when browsing for a subtitle. This issue should be fixed by the developer of those pirate add-ons. As they are third party add-ons as well as add-ons that enable the circumvention of copyright, we absolutely can provide no support.

No – but I’d bet you’d give him the keys so he can connect it to a computer and see what the issue is. That’s exactly what we asked for when we requested logs from you.

I would wager that no files you have on local storage exhibit this problem and only files you are accessing via pirate add-ons exhibit these issues. Logs would be able to confirm this.

If you still require support, you can open a new thread at any time with the information that we’ve requested previously.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sadly I only skim read the original complaints from @info31.

Daniele – after re-reading this, your behaviour is unacceptable and I have closed your OSMC forum account. You say that you have experienced multiple issues, but I only see from your posting history an initial query about how to use a USB DAC (which we resolved), and then issues with subtitles, where we have provided suggestions on how to resolve this.

I’m not keen on you insulting users here who invest their own free time in supporting users. If you have a problem, you can take it up with me directly at sam@osmc.tv

I think being obnoxious would be replying in iambic pentameter.

My light Vero, you inspire me to write.
I love the way you play, run and decode,
Invading my mind day and through the night,
Always dreaming about the splendid flowed.

Let me compare you to a white cherry?
You are more able, stable and gracious.
Ice bites the debris of February,
And wintertime has the clear ignatius.

How do I love you? Let me count the ways.
I love your nice power and performance.
Thinking of your loose support fills my days.
My love for you is the strange conformance.

Now I must away with a drastic heart,
Remember my bright words whilst we’re apart.

Take it easy – and cool down

Sam

9 Likes