Browsing for local subtitles causes Vero4K+ to freeze

Browsing for local subtitles causes Vero4K+ to freeze. Can only reboot to get it working again. At the same time downloading subs takes ages… Any hints?

Debug logs are always a good starting point for hints.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

This is a known Kodi issue, but only occurs when using certain addons.

Hi. Is there a solution? I have TinyMedia Manager formatted folders and subs have the same name as the movie but they are not loaded. If I browse to load them Vero freezes. After a long (10 min) time it restarts but without subs.

How can anyone help you when a year ago you were asked for logs and never shared any???

1 Like

You are right actually! My bad. I will try and provide logs today.

1 Like

I tested this and it seems fixed in Kodi.

Nope. It still not works.
I created logs
Do I have to paste all of them here? No privacy issues?
Thanks

Yes

[quote=“info31, post:10, topic:86978, full:true”]
“Yes” ??!!

“Yes” ??!!
And expose all my data, library, addresses to the the public!?
You know what? Ill’throw this Vero 4K+ piece of crap away and buy a proper Media Player

Suit yourself I suppose. If you’d have bothered to click the link above regarding making a useful support request, you’d see the is an entire section on sanitizing your logs if you have such concerns.

1 Like

In this case, why did you reply with an unpleasant “yes”? I think you shouldn’t reply to customers already pissed off for the object not working. … for marketing reasons, because you worsen their mood! Each and every time I try and use this thing, if subs are not embedded into movie, it freezes. It takes ages to find and download new ones and simply freezes if I browse to load the ones present in folder.

And we can’t possibly offer meaningful assistance without relevant diagnostic info. The choice is yours.

I’m not sure what was unpleasant about a concise and direct answer to the question that was asked.

You alone have attached some emotion to the response.

3 Likes

The issue only affects some pirate add-ons and it affects all Kodi platforms, not OSMC. I haven’t seen an add-on that is legal that is affected. If you are aware of one, let us know and we can investigate.

1 Like

I don’t know what to say. I have no idea what is pirate and what is not. I just know I cannot watch one movie out of two because, even if subs are present in folder and have same name as movie, Vero doesn’t see them, and if I browse it freezes. For sure I am not publishing all my privacy here in order to hope and fix the issue. If I can send log privately and you take a kook, I will thank you, otherwise, as soon as I have some spare hours, I’ll try and see how to clean logs before pasting.

If you think one is ready to offer all his privacy to the public in order to hope and fix an issue (with a product he bought, and that is supposed to work) you should avoid replying and trying to help.

Nobody asked you to trade privacy for support or help. As @ActionA has stated quite clearly, the support article linked to here initially gives instructions on exactly that: How to clean up logs to protect privacy on whatever level users desire. Not providing any logs will definitely not solve anyone’s problem though. Logic… So, not sure what angle attacking @ActionA serves. He’s been polite, upfront and precise with the information provided.

2 Likes

Vero 4k+ is an ENDLESS list of issues. One of most important features, (unless you are english mother tongue or one who only watches movies in english) like subtitles, don’t work and we have to “help you helping us”, through a messy procedure of creating logs and cleaning them up from personal information prior to publish them here. When you buy a car do you have to “help the car maker help you” if your car does not brake?! I do not know how to clean my logs and do not want to waste time learning it. Your crap does not work and I am “attacking” @ActionA because he is irritant in his “polite” way of replying to a customer that bough a product THAT DOES NOT WORK, for a reason or the other. Each time I try to use it there is a new issue and a freeze that makes me switch to Netflix or something else! In fact I already replaced it with a PROPER media player. Your “polite, upfront and pricise” way of solving customer’s issues is a polite, correct way of saying “help yourself if you don’t want to go through problems in order to solve a problem”. Vero 4+ is a complete failure and you only keep on business due to the fact that people WANT to believe it is a good product.

Enjoy your new device!

4 Likes

This is the kind of “politeness, kindness” of ActionA! Since I personally not share anglosaxon political correctness but I prefer to call things their name, what I reply to you, ActionA, is: ■■■■ off you idiot.