Buffering tweak? 200 channel list, lags when flipping channels

After editing a large m3u list to a compact 200 channels and loading it into my Vero4k with PVR IPTV Simple Client. l experience a little bothersome buffering/lag of video (while audio streams clearly) when changing the channels. Not all channels video buffer/lag but most do. Please note the Vero4k doesn’t tag/show the text word ‘buffering’ on screen (as it does when streams freeze in a Video streaming apps). The lag I experience starts with a channel change then a frozen video image (10 -30 seconds) that eventually starts at hi frame rate which slows down and syncs up with the audio (which was always playing at the correct time and speed.
My Windows gaming computer just flips through the channels like butter (that’s good, means, no buffering video or audio). When using the same 200 channel list on the vero4k, about a third of the channel flips require waiting almost thirty seconds for the video to catch up to the audio. I am hoping there may be some tweaks to apply to the os/osmc that would help get this video buffering issue cleared up.
Or is the question, When does the 8k come out?
Thanks

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Do you have EPG enabled? Try decreasing the amount of EPG data by some days.

Yes EPG is enabled. l will look at reducing it. thks @ActionA
I’ve uploaded the log to https://paste.osmc.tv/oliselipux
to reproduce the problem l simply cycled through the channels, all of them. then uploaded the log. I had a quick peak and noticed some gaps/pauses in processing time, they seem to correspond with my experience, frozen image. The problem comes up every few odd channels, sometimes one right after another, sometimes ‘no freeze’ changes for a few channels, up to 10 good channel changes in a row. Eventually the frozen channel change image returns, sits there for 2,10, 20 secs (it varies), then quickly catches up to the audio. Note. for each channel change l have waited for the channel to appear and for both the video and audio to sync up and play at the correct speed. Thus the channels that play well are quickly changed to the next channel (and l don’t experience any frozen stuff). Which explains why some channel visits are longer (the freezing channels visits are longer ofc). One other note 2 or 3 channels simply weren’t there (today) and I was kicked out to the guide. I simple switched to the next channel in the guide and jumped back to channel flipping. Also a couple channels never displayed any video, remaining black screen with audio. for these channels l waited 30-45 secs and changed to the next. l hope that covers it. Thanks Much.
What a remarkably complicated world we have created…lol. (all to make a loved one happy?)
PS. User has also experienced more normal stream ‘buffering’. The type OSMC labels ‘buffering’ (when the stream has stopped and system is waiting). But, one problem at a time for now. Thnxs 'gain

Hi,

DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: detected 1 vblanks, missed 2, refreshrate might have changed

Can you please try with adjust framerate on start/stop or always?

edit @snowbear416 sorry you will also need to disable ‘Sync playback to display’ to test this.

If that doesn’t help, for testing; please try with H/W acceleration disabled.

Thanks Tom.

i have implemented the ‘adjust framerate on start/stop’ option.
Cursory cycling through channels has improved but hasn’t eliminated the problem. Will try your other suggestions and will report back later. thanks

1 Like