[BUG REPORT] Crash at same spot in the video

Full OSMC log: https://paste.osmc.tv/avuqamofos
Media info log: https://paste.osmc.tv/raw/galivuhoyu

At a certain point osmc(Sad face) crashes, while playing the video.
I can continue playback, if I skip past the problematic point.

It also happened earlier in the video, but I didn’t think much of it at the time.

Edit: I’ve successfully played the same part, on my phone using Kodi.

Clearly a bad rip but even so it shouldn’t crash. Can you clip out the bit where it crashes and post it somewhere?

I got a clip that I’ve tested.
It’s 4 sec long and results in a crash.
But I’m not just gonna post it in a open forum.
And I can’t seem to find a PM function.

Edit: I can see there’s an exception for fair use.
But I’m not sure if its a good idea.
I would rather send the link one person, than the whole world.

You should now be able to use the PM system

I’ve send the link to @grahamh and @sam_nazarko.

I can hear a pop when I play it in MPC, so I’m thinking it could be audio related.

Zootopia is a fun movie!
At exactly what time are you having the issue?
I’ll check my BD at the same point.

Kodi shouldn’t be crashing but if you turn passthrough on for TrueHD (change your settings view to expert) the crashing will probably stop. On an unrelated note I would recommend changing your display resolution…

We recommend people with 4K TV’s set their user interface (UI) to 1080p. Kodi’s UI is not optimized for 4K yet and this can put unnecessary demands on your device and can lead to a suboptimal picture quality, as well as potentially cause other issues.

The settings we recommend are as follows…

Settings>System>Display>Resolution> 1920x1080p
Settings>System>Display>Whitelist> (empty) *
Settings>Player>Videos>Adjust display refresh rate> On start/stop

Some televisions may also need, or benefit from, the following being set…

System>Display>Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling> (enable)

With the above settings your UI will be output in Full HD and your 4K content will be output in 4K. *Information regarding the whitelist can be found here. If you have any doubt, feel free to upload some logs so we can verify that your settings are indeed correct.

At 1:15:30.

It’s fixed now, it by enabling “TrueHD capable receiver”.
I don’t know why I haven’t seen these menu options before.
Are they new, or just hidden by the non-expert menus?

I was unaware that the resolution option, only affected the UI, and was under the impression that the output resolution, would be locked to what was selected, resulting in downscaling 4K to 1080p.

The passthrough options are not new, but you do have to switch to one of the more advanced views to see them. As for the resolution it affects both the UI and videos, but when you enable refresh rate switching that allows for videos to be played at higher resolutions. If your really curious you can click on that link at the bottom of the suggestions for whitelist info and that will probably give a fairly good understanding of how it works, even when your not using a whitelist.

So after toggling this option your movie plays fine now and no more OSMC :frowning:?

Yes, I toggled all the options one at a time, and tested each of them.

That said, I didn’t test the whole movie, only the one part I knew resulted in a Crash.

I’ll let the whole movie run, and see how it goes.

I just completed the whole film, without any problems.