[BUG REPORT] Danish Hardware Keyboard layout not working

As I understand from GIT, we just wait until the patch is added to the official build? And it somehow you can now apply?

No – it needs more work unfortunately. But I am discussing some of the changes with @grahamh. You can build Kodi with that patch included and it will work.

We’re trying to get this in for the next update.

Sam

Thank you very much for your support! We will wait for updates.

Do you mean it doesn’t work at all or just the layout is wrong?

I’ll tell you, probably, more about my problem. I have an RP3 device on which OSMC is installed. I have a BlueTooth keyboard rii mini i8 (most likely a Chinese clone, but it’s not important). I need two layouts - US and RU + switch layouts Alt+Shift or other. I tried to fulfill all the requirements from this post [BUG REPORT] Danish Hardware Keyboard layout not working - #61 by HvitrEbrithil, then from this [BUG REPORT] Danish Hardware Keyboard layout not working - #62 by db47h, was tinkering in /etc/default/keyboard and prescribing us, ru and alt + shift there. MAXIMUM that I succeeded - my keyboard began to work in the terminal OSMC (worked both layouts US (qwerty) and ru (yutsuken), as well as switching alt + shift) … But in the graphical shell of Kodi, I do not work switching between RU and US with alt+shift. Maybe I did something wrong …?

P.S. I apologize in advance, I’m writing through an google translate.

You are on the right track, but the patches to kodi which allow it to interpret the extended character set of non-latin keyboards were only merged into OSMC since the last update and not yet released. They will be in the next update.

Oh thank you! And I thought that I have crooked hands and that’s why I can not get to work switch keyboard layouts. Then I’ll wait for the OSMC update and follow this topic, right?